Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping your Uniform shirt tucked in

Good evening,

I don't know the exact name of this item. Basically you clip it on to your uniform top, then clip it to your socks. It is suppose to keep your shirt tucked in and looking good....instead of having it bunched up and hanging over your duty belt.

Any Officers/Recruits utilize this? How does it feel, is it comfortable?

I was thinking about getting a pair...I just started the Academy and am having a hard time with my shirt, especially after just getting a vest.

Thanks for your opinions, be safe.

They are called shirt stays.

http://www.ombexpress.com/p_UA226.aspx
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

They are great but can pinch your leg hair on occassions. This is what I use.
      http://www.gtdist.com/ProductDetail....tNumber=FB-HTB

Comment

Hope the shirt stay does not come undone and snap you in the man area.

Comment

Originally posted by Jhelrey View Post
          Hope the shirt stay does not come undone and snap you in the man area.
          If that happens, then you're wearing them too tight.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Go with Vanguard shirt stays, the stirrup kind.....

https://tandtuniforms.com/shop/catal...pr15187fnn3o93

Comment

I have used both (no not at the same time!) I prefer the one that fordman linked, easy and efficient. For me the "stirrup kind" were kind of a PITA. Plus with the belt style that fordman linked I found easier to take a deuce when the time came.

Comment

I almost bought a hidden tailor once but as I was playing with it before purchasing it fell apart. That kind of turned me away. It seemed real cheap. Also, i have seen officers with the hidden tailor and their shirt still comes out and then you can see the weird white belt.
                War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

try this http://www.stickybelt.com/
                  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called Sons of God - Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by MPD4Me View Post
                    Go with Vanguard shirt stays, the stirrup kind.....

https://tandtuniforms.com/shop/catal...pr15187fnn3o93

I agree! I love these
                    "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
                    "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

I first bought a hidden tailor, and it snapped as soon as I put it on. I traded it in for shirt stays.
                      The stays have come undone before, but never have they "snapped" or hurt my leg hairs. I heard a tip once. For a more secure fit on the uniform side of the stays, get rid of the little buttons and use coins. I used nickels. The stays do not come undone any more.
                      sigpic

Comment

1+ for the Vanguard Shirt Stays

I love these; they keep my shirt tucked during my whole shift, even with getting in and out of the vehicle. At first they were a bit uncomfortable, but once I broke them in, I could not tell they are even on. I tried the hidden tailor but did not work for me.

Comment

Shirt Stays

Go with the Vanguard stirrup-style stays. Helpfull hint; cut small holes in the bottom of your shirt along the creases where the stays attach. They will never come undone.
                          "Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
                          Lieutenant General Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Comment

Originally posted by Groove View Post
                            I almost bought a hidden tailor once but as I was playing with it before purchasing it fell apart. That kind of turned me away. It seemed real cheap. Also, i have seen officers with the hidden tailor and their shirt still comes out and then you can see the weird white belt.
                            I had one that did that. I will agree that the button is not the best design. I have had three in 2 years. I had one break after a week but I was able to return it.

Comment

As a basketball and football official, we used a rubber belt (any store that sells sports official clothing will have them) that went over your shirt and underneath your pants. It is much quicker than the shirt stays when getting ready.

How do you think officials move their arms so much and their shirts never come untucked?
                              LIVING TO LAUGH

NOTHING SPECIAL ABOUT TODAY, NOTHING NEW, IT'S JUST WHAT WE DO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2137 users online. 124 members and 2013 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X