300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Wrist Watch??

Alright so I'm new to the area I'll be working in and haven't gotten my directional bearings yet. I'm looking to buy a wrist watch that has a built in digital compass.

I've looked at a few, but I don't want to spend $600 on a duty watch. I also don't want to buy a piece of crap watch that's not going to function properly either.

Does anyone have any recommendations on brand, model, style etc? I prefer digital face with the rubbery type of band. No stitched nylon or "flex band" that pulls my arm hair!

If anyone has ANY type of recommendations please let me kinow.

I appreciate it!

Whats your price range?

Alot of the Casio Pathfinder watches have some whiz-bang functions, they're pretty cool.
    http://www.casio.com/products/Timepiece/Pathfinder/

Comment

Might look into a Suunto Vector. (or any of the other Suunto compass watches).

Comment

I've got a Timex Expedition, but don't know if they make them anymore.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I've owned nothing but G-Shock watches... best. watches. ever. (for this line of work)
          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

Do you work in a rural area or urban? If you are in an urban area and unfamiliar with it, buy a cheaper watch (Timex, G-Shock) then spend a bit on a good GPS system to put in your car. Seems like that would do you more good than a watch with a compass.

If you work rural, then 10-22 on all that.

Comment

I have the quicksilver Yeti it does alot more than compass and cheaper than the pathfinder watcheds
              Go home at the end of every shift....PERIOD!

Comment

Casio G-Shock Solar Atomic

Originally posted by JTShooter View Post
                I've owned nothing but G-Shock watches... best. watches. ever. (for this line of work)
                What he said...

Look at a Casio G-Shock Solar Atomic watch.

Comment

Buy the cheapest timex you can find...They get broken/lost/stolen/puked on just as quick as any other watch...Don't spend more than $30.

p.s.- think what you really 'need' in a watch on patrol. Do you need a calculator and an alarm clock and a wind direction thing? Probably not. just the time and date.
                  10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

For doing traffic, I like having my Timex which was the month/day, and day of week. Just a quick look helps out so much, and I always forget what day of the week it is. I had a 5.11 watch with the digital compass, which when in a vehicle and building it does not work. $30 Timex vs $250 5.11, my vote is with the cheaper one.
                    I trust my life with J. M. Browning's design, the 1911.

Comment

Originally posted by HardBall View Post
                      Buy the cheapest timex you can find...They get broken/lost/stolen/puked on just as quick as any other watch...Don't spend more than $30.

p.s.- think what you really 'need' in a watch on patrol. Do you need a calculator and an alarm clock and a wind direction thing? Probably not. just the time and date.
                      I agree with this cat. I originally had a watch with a compass but I used that compass exactly zero times... now I just buy beater watches (go go gadget Timex) for $20 bucks at Target.
                      You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

Comment

small sundial. worn on left wrist
                        In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Originally posted by Jim1648 View Post
                          What he said...

Look at a Casio G-Shock Solar Atomic watch.

I agree 100%. When I started out, I wore Timex Ironman watches. They are great watches, but every time I had to wrestle around with somebody who was twisting away and trying to spin and turn out of my grip, the band bent the bar holding it to the watch body and it fell to the ground. I spent alot of time looking for new watches. I'd go through two or three a year.

I finally broke down and spent $70 on a G-Shock......over 12 years ago! The watch band is sturdy and is screwed to the body and it withstands alot of banging about. I have had no problems until recently when the display would fade. I just changed the battery in it (first time), and when the watch finally dies, I will get the Solar Atomic one.
                          "...Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Comment

This is the Timex I wear right now. I love the inverted display and the FLIX (just snap your wrist to activate) Indiglo is neat at night when you've got your hands full with a ticket book or something. It's not quite a $30.00 cheapy, but at $50.00, I've gotten well over my money's worth for the two years I've had it. It's still in great shape.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...i_sku=10727959

Comment

i've worn several different types and have liked the g shock but right now have the 5.11 field ops watch and i love it, a little more expensive but have found it to be very durable!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2166 users online. 126 members and 2040 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X