300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flashlight batteries

i have bought a fenix tk11. i have decided to use the 18650 batteries.

i was curious about the differences between these batteries

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ultrafire-brc-18650.html

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ultra...600-18650.html

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ultrafire-18650.html

the only difference i see is the mAh. what is the kind of difference will this make in the flashlight. what is safe or not? are there any others you recommend?

also, i want to get some cr123 batteries for a backup. what do you recommend for these. what is the shelf life?

thanks for the help. i tried a search but couldnt find an answer
    If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    Thomas Jefferson

I have the same flashlight and purchased the 2600mah ultrafire. The charger is great but the batteries came in BAD!!! THEY ARE CRAP. Go with AW's R18650 Batteries
    NO-LIFER

Comment

ohh yea sorry... mah is basically how big of a charge it will take 2600mah should be sufficient. As far as the cr123's I dont use em. I bought the car charger adapter and two batteries.....
      NO-LIFER

Comment

Originally posted by Hale View Post
        I have the same flashlight and purchased the 2600mah ultrafire. The charger is great but the batteries came in BAD!!! THEY ARE CRAP. Go with AW's R18650 Batteries
        +1 They are the best. a little pricey but worth it.

http://www.cfrlights.com/servlet/the-702/AW's-R18650-2600mah/Detail

Comment

so would 3000 mAh batteries be better?
          If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective.

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
          Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have used RCR123A 3.0 and 3.7 v, as well as 18500 and 18650 3.7 v li-ion rechargeables, and depending on the light you are using, all have been very good to excellent choices over CR123A 3.0 v li primary cells.

I helped buy a set of 4 RCR123A 3.0 v cells plus 2-bay charger with AC & DC cords for one of my partners to use in a small 2-cell Surefire LED light, and he apparently really likes them. I helped several partners buy LED Logic Strikers with similar kits, and all of them like them.

I have a Wolf-Eyes M90 Rattlesnake with Lumens Factory D36 LED 3-mode with memory lamp assembly that I am running on 2 x 18650 cells and it works quite well as my 2nd back-up. I also have an old-style Pila GL3 with 9 v incandescent lamp assembly that I run on 2 x 18500 cells and it works very well as my always-on-the-duty-belt light. My primary duty light is a Mag-Lite 2 D with TerraLux 300M triple LED module running on 6 AA NiMH rechargeables in a 6 AA to 2 D adaptor.

Enjoy the TK11 - I have partners that are using that light with the 18650 cell and they like it a lot; I have played with one of the lights and I also liked its performance.

Smaller, lighter, brighter, rechargeable AND LED - always an EXCELLENT choice, either NiMH or Li-ion.

I am afraid of the dark!
            #32936 - Royal Canadian Mounted Police - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
            Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 to date
            RCMP Veterans Association - Regina Division member
            Mounted Police Professional Association of Canada - Associate (Retired) member
            "Smile" - no!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4735 users online. 275 members and 4460 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X