Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightshifter
    replied
    The ALS is a great holster. I carried it wiht a TLR-1 until we went to the TLR-2. I am now trying out the Uncle Mikes Evo3. I have to say I really like this holster so far!

Leave a comment:

• Resq14
    replied
    Originally posted by TJx2 View Post
    is the 6360 ALS and fit a tac light? I was under impression there wasn't a Safariland holster for a tac light that has the ALS? If there is I will be sending mine back for the ALS.
    Yes, it's what I carry...

http://www.copquest.com/23-0790.htm

I went with plain STX for $107. LOVE IT. Drawing from this holster is a very natural motion and it's easy to master. It's the quickest drawing Level II/III holster I've used. I swapped out the included mid-ride adapter for a high-ride adapter, which I prefer.

As for retention with no light... the ALS will click and lock, but I would not trust my life with it. It wiggles around too much, even with the hood up.

I use a Serpa for off-duty carry. They are okay, but I prefer the 6360 for duty use.
    Last edited by Resq14; 11-11-2009, 06:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HEDP
    replied
    is the 6360 ALS and fit a tac light? I was under impression there wasn't a Safariland holster for a tac light that has the ALS? If there is I will be sending mine back for the ALS.

The 6360 ALS comes in regular and in a version that has a light. I've had both.

I now have the 6360 ALS with Tac Light.

Note: Beretta just picked up the $220 million dollar contract from the USMC for 450,000 new M9 9mm pistols and it is mandatory each one comes with a Black Serpa Holster.

The Corps said after extensive testing and usage in Iraq and Afghanistan it is the best holster out there.

Leave a comment:

• TJx2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    For me this is a simple answer.

Since MY brass did not need a weapon-mounted lights back in the seventies, none of us are allowed to use them either. We have low-light training with a handheld light every five-ten years though (once since the academy in 1994). Glad I only work in the daylight...

Perhaps our next Sheriff will allow us to enter the twentieth century and authorize lights, lasers, etc.

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    As I stated earlier, the ALS holsters will retain the weapon without a light on it. As to how secure it actually is, I don't know. But why would you use a light bearing holster without a light????

Leave a comment:

• OverKill
    replied
    I have finally given in and I'm going to trade in my Safariland ALS 6365 for a 6365 TAC-Light and start to carry a weapon mounted light on my Glock17. I haven't used the holster yet so I'm planning on returning it to CopsPlus.com in exchange for the aforementioned. Now I just have to decide on the light.

I was told that the Safariland ALS holsters (specifically 6360/6365) have poor retention when the weapon does not have the light mounted on it. Is there any truth to this what so ever?

Any other recommendations on weapon lights (looking for affordability and something compatible with Safariland TAC-Light holsters, 6365). ITI M3, TLR-1, LAS-TAC 2, SureFire X200/X300, Safariland list these as the compatible lights with the 6300 series holsters...anything highly recommended?

Leave a comment:

• Guams
    replied
    I have the exact same set up as Graphic6 coupled with the Safariland 6280 holster. I too have small hands, so the pressure switch makes it much easier for me to use. Only problem I've found is that with gloves, the switch is much harder to depress.

HEDP, the light's not always on, unless you want it to be. A stronger grip on the firearm with your strong-side middle finger will keep the light on. Otherwise you can go momentary by letting your middle loose a little bit. Kinda like when you're driving on the freeway and some jerk cuts you off.

Leave a comment:

• TJx2
    replied
    well, i went with the safariland 6280 tac holster with the wx150 light...bought it from http://www.tradingpostsupply.com/index.html $270.xx shipped...not too shabby...if it gets here lol

Leave a comment:

• Graphic6
    replied
    I absolutely love it, and for a couple reasons.

I have smaller hands, and it's a stretch for me to activate the switch with my left thumb (I'm a righty). I can keep a constant, firm, and proper grip on the handgun instead of making that stretch with my left hand/thumb. Also, without the pressure switch, if I activate the light in "momentary" mode (I use blipping quite often) and should have to fire immediately after activation, I avoid having the switch bounce back into my thumb upon the recoil.

Since I practice a lot with it, I've learned to not activate it when the handgun clears the holster. Any new gear takes practice to become proficient at it. It's definitely an issue if the light activates when you don't want it too, but you learn the touch of the pressure switch over time.

At any rate, the positives of the pressure switch outweigh the negatives, at least for me. Like I said, if you go with a switch, do the Surefire model. Other brands' tape switches can be problematic and fallapart-y.

Leave a comment:

• HEDP
    replied
    Originally posted by Graphic6 View Post
    Here's my Glock 22 with the X300, and Surefire TK11 pressure switch

My dept's policy only allows the X300 as a tac light, and for good reason. If you go with a switch, get the Surefire model. It's very well made and durable. I use a Safariland 6280 holster, but my choices were limited since I have to use basketweave leather.

How do you like that Switch?

Is it always on when you have your gun out?

Leave a comment:

• Graphic6
    replied
    Here's my Glock 22 with the X300, and Surefire TK11 pressure switch

My dept's policy only allows the X300 as a tac light, and for good reason. If you go with a switch, get the Surefire model. It's very well made and durable. I use a Safariland 6280 holster, but my choices were limited since I have to use basketweave leather.

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    what is wrong with them? they seem to have the better overall prices...some sites sell each item at a lower cost, but over all, botach is the cheapest total.
    It seems like service has gotten better recently, but a few years back, you would order something and just hope that it came in. You would get an order confirmation and thats it. No shipping notice, no reponse to email inquiries, etc. If it wasn't instock, you were SOL until they get it or they just never shipped the item. They would charge you when at the time of the order too, regardless of whether or not they actually send you anything.

Leave a comment:

• TJx2
    replied
    Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
    Botach sux0rz.
    what is wrong with them? they seem to have the better overall prices...some sites sell each item at a lower cost, but over all, botach is the cheapest total.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Botach sux0rz.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5018 users online. 315 members and 4703 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X