300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holster/weapon light recommendations

So I am in the market for a new duty holster and weapon light. I want a level II holster with ability to holster weapon with light attached. Which leads to the 2nd part of my post...

What is a good weapon light to use? I currently use my Surefire in the Harries method when I need to have weapon and light out, but would like to have it all in 1 package, so to speak. I want an LED for the blinding effect and shock resistance with momentary on and steady on.

Safariland ALS with a Streamlight TLR-1....that's what I use and I love it!

Comment

I'd say Blackhawk Serpa, however they only allow youto use their own light. If it worked with any light I'd say that's the best choice.

But since it doesn't I'd say Safariland and the Surefire X300.

I found the Surefire X300 to be a better light and more powerful then the Streamlight TRL-1.

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 03:04 AM.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Safariland 6365
          Insight Procyon
          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Mine:
            Glock 23 + Streamlight TLR-1
            http://copquest.com/10-6800.htm

Holster:
            Safariland 6365 ALS Duty Holster, Level 3+
            http://copquest.com/23-0840.htm

Pics available.

Comment

Holster: Safariland 6360 or the drop version. Better retention than the 6280 with no loss in draw speed. Also, with most pistols, the holster will retain the weapon without the light. The 6280 will not.

Weaponlight: SureFire X300. Pricey, but the grip tapeswitch accessory is worth it IMO. If you don't like the remote switch, the Streamlight TLR-1 is excellent.

Comment

Actually, if I were in the market for a new weapon light, I'd upgrade to Insight's newest: WX-150. I'm very happy with the Procyon, which imho is already brighter than the competition's LEDs. This is basically a bump from 125 to 150 lumens.

$139 via Botach (or around $180 elsewhere if you don't trust them, like me)

http://www.botachtactical.com/inwxramotale.html

Frank reviewed it this past week. The Procyon this replaces is a solid light, and as good as the $250-$350 Surefires, if not better.
                Last edited by Resq14; 11-07-2009, 01:23 AM.

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                  Actually, if I were in the market for a new weapon light, I'd upgrade to Insight's newest: WX-150. I'm very happy with the Procyon, which imho is already brighter than the competition's LEDs. This is basically a bump from 125 to 150 lumens.

Frank reviewed it this past week. The Procyon this replaces is a solid light, and as good as the $250-$350 Surefires, if not better.
                  IS there a holster to fit it?

edit: nevermind I see it fits a M3 holster...

Comment

ya, pretty standard size

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post

I've odered from BOTACH before, so i trust them.
                      I LOVE IT!
                      "GET BACK IN YOUR CELL"
                      "PLEASE REMAIN SEATED IN YOUR VEHICLE AND I'LL BE WITH YOU IN A MINUTE"
                      WHO EVER SAID THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS WOULDN'T BE FUN.

Comment

Botach sux0rz.

Comment

Originally posted by Blizzination View Post
                          Botach sux0rz.
                          what is wrong with them? they seem to have the better overall prices...some sites sell each item at a lower cost, but over all, botach is the cheapest total.

Comment

Originally posted by TJx2 View Post
                            what is wrong with them? they seem to have the better overall prices...some sites sell each item at a lower cost, but over all, botach is the cheapest total.
                            It seems like service has gotten better recently, but a few years back, you would order something and just hope that it came in. You would get an order confirmation and thats it. No shipping notice, no reponse to email inquiries, etc. If it wasn't instock, you were SOL until they get it or they just never shipped the item. They would charge you when at the time of the order too, regardless of whether or not they actually send you anything.

Comment

Here's my Glock 22 with the X300, and Surefire TK11 pressure switch

My dept's policy only allows the X300 as a tac light, and for good reason. If you go with a switch, get the Surefire model. It's very well made and durable. I use a Safariland 6280 holster, but my choices were limited since I have to use basketweave leather.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4000 users online. 277 members and 3723 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X