300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in taser models

The department I work for issues the m-26 taser but we are allowed to purcase out of pocket the x-26. I've seen the x-26 and the x-26c, which look identical to me, so whats the difference between the two, and where can i buy an LE model x-26

the x26c is the civilian model. it runs a 30 sec cycle compared to a 5 sec cycle for LE.
    Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Call TASER and ask who your local LE distributor is.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

A related question: What is the difference between the X26 and the X26E?
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

There is no difference. Training manuals use the general term "X26" while owner manuals use "X26C" for civilian models and "X26E" for LE.

For clarification, the X26C is 10 seconds per trigger pull, but the trigger pulls can be "stacked", i.e. 3 trigger pulls will give a total ride of 30 seconds. The X26E is 5 seconds per trigger pull, but you cannot "stack" cycles. The trigger must be pulled again after 5 seconds to initiate additional cycles.

The only exception to both devices is when you hold the trigger down. The device will push electricity through the probes until the trigger is released or power is drained from the DPM.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
            There is no difference. Training manuals use the general term "X26" while owner manuals use "X26C" for civilian models and "X26E" for LE.

For clarification, the X26C is 10 seconds per trigger pull, but the trigger pulls can be "stacked", i.e. 3 trigger pulls will give a total ride of 30 seconds. The X26E is 5 seconds per trigger pull, but you cannot "stack" cycles. The trigger must be pulled again after 5 seconds to initiate additional cycles.

The only exception to both devices is when you hold the trigger down. The device will push electricity through the probes until the trigger is released or power is drained from the DPM.
            Thanks. I was confused by seeing both "X26" and "X26E". Taser's site did not clear things up for me.
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11908 users online. 502 members and 11406 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X