300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in taser models

The department I work for issues the m-26 taser but we are allowed to purcase out of pocket the x-26. I've seen the x-26 and the x-26c, which look identical to me, so whats the difference between the two, and where can i buy an LE model x-26

Find out where there is an authorized dealer for your area to buy one. I belive the "C" model is for civilian use and has a different fire rate the the "E" (law enforcement) models.

Comment

Here ya go.... http://www.proforceonline.com/

Comment

The X26-C model is for civilian use and has a 30 second jolt of electric hell compared to the police model of 5 seconds.

It is NOT recommended by Taser to use the civilian model for law enforcement use.

G-man
        1*

Comment

Call TASER and ask them who the LE distributor is for Louisiana.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

You're absolutely going to love the X-26 over the M-26. First the reduction in size is going to be the best thing you notice. X-26's are expensive, and unlike the M-26 the battery is not rechargeable. Once it's used up, you have to purchase another one from Taser. The battery in the X-26 stores all the information about the X-26. Every time you spark test, or actually deploy it, it records it in memory and that needs to be downloaded to the department laptop, if that's your department policy.

From a use standpoint, if you've ever fired the M-26 you know that when you pull the trigger, it doesn't immediately activate. There's a few milliseconds before it fires. Not the X-26. When you pull the trigger it goes off. More like your pistol than the M-26. I've seen people miss their target with the M-26 less than 10 feet away because they anticipate the shot or think the thing malfunctioned, that doesn't happen with the X-26.

G-Man is correct, the X-26C is the civilian version and it delivers a 30 second ride. It's designed for the user to put it down and get the hell out of dodge before the bad guy can recover. Taser International gives civilians a 100% replacement guarantee when they buy one. If you use it against a bad guy and leave it they will replace the unit for free.

My X-26 is department issue, and I have to say it's a 100% better than the old M-26 model I use to carry.

Comment

Check the trading post of this web site. There was an x26 up there for sale. I think it was 700.00

Comment

What area of LA do you live in ? I can ask around for X26's for sale. Me and Blackhorse work for the same dept. I will try to keep my ears open when something pops up for sale.
                sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2675 users online. 141 members and 2534 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X