300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP Hancuff cases.

I have been through (3) sets of ASP handcuff cases. Finally sent them back to the factory, cause I got tired of spending $20-$30 per case. They agreed to replace them, since they are coming apart at the seems, which is glued rather than stitched, but they won't ship them till December.....WTF people, how can you not have your own product? They offered to replace them with every different style that I cannot carry due to department regulations. They also offered to swap for double cuff cases, but wanted me to pay the difference. Not that I am cheap, but they are inconveniencing me, why should I pay?

Love the cuffs, customer service was polite and prompt, but WTH?
    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
    I have been through (3) sets of ASP handcuff cases. Finally sent them back to the factory, cause I got tired of spending $20-$30 per case. They agreed to replace them, since they are coming apart at the seems, which is glued rather than stitched, but they won't ship them till December.....WTF people, how can you not have your own product? They offered to replace them with every different style that I cannot carry due to department regulations. They also offered to swap for double cuff cases, but wanted me to pay the difference. Not that I am cheap, but they are inconveniencing me, why should I pay?

Love the cuffs, customer service was polite and prompt, but WTH?

What style are you using?

I just bought their open top basketweave ones and there stitched.

I love them. I didn't like the other brands because they were hard to close, these are easier.

Comment

Plain leather. Can't have open tops.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Bianchi Accumold and Accumold Elite have ASP cuff cases.
        All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
          Bianchi Accumold and Accumold Elite have ASP cuff cases.
          +1... They're great... ASP sized and Bianchi quality.
          "If and eye for an eye leave the whole world blind, then why the **** are gun toting gangbangers still hitting things?!!"

WHAT I USE AND STRONGLY RECOMMEND:
          Equipment Type: Bianchi Accumold Elite/Safariland/De Santis/Stallion Leather
          Flashlights: Surefire Peacekeeper P1R (Belt)
          Handcuffs: S&W 100's
          Preferred Firearm: S&W MP 40

***My statements are my opinions ONLY and are not representative of my agency or its policies***

Comment

If you do need open top Safariland has some to fit the lite weight models. I believe it is the 90H but i would have to double check

Comment

There's this guy:

http://www.stallionleather.com/produ...roducts_id=270

Comment

I had the same problem with the ASP case. I went to ASP and they replaced them with the double style. They offered to replace them with which ever style I preferred. I think the new ones are stitched. They didn't seem very surprised when I showed them how it was coming apart.
                "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

Note to self - don't buy ASP cuffs or an ASP case....

Comment

Originally posted by MNsquad View Post
                    Note to self - don't buy ASP cuffs or an ASP case....
                    The cuffs are awesome. I've heard some people complain about safety issues with them, but I have yet to have anyone actually give me a real-world problem with them.
                    "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

I have been using the ASP cuffs for a few years now, without a hiccup. And the case has held up. Maybe it's because I am wearing the nylon one though. Anyway love the cuffs though quick and easy to use.
                      Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

You guys can have my ASP cuffs... ick. Lots of cool features, but I've had some real-world issues with the cuffs. Nothing like cold, hard steel, of S/W or Peerless.

Comment

Originally posted by MNsquad View Post
                          You guys can have my ASP cuffs... ick. Lots of cool features, but I've had some real-world issues with the cuffs. Nothing like cold, hard steel, of S/W or Peerless.
                          Like what kinds of issues? I've heard lots of people say they have issues, but no one is able to tell me what. The one issue I've heard is that the bow can get on the outside of the double strap. I've demonstrated that that can happen with Peerless, Hiatt and S&W cuffs also. I also feel that you should not be putting that kind of stress on a cuff. We are not trained to use cuffs as control devices, but as restraints. If you don't want to say your problems in public, please IM me.
                          Thanks

Comment

Issues: Yes, the bow went outside of the double strap on two different individuals we were fighting with. One standing up, one ground fight. As the cuffs went on the individuals arms were still moving and I assume put an amount of stress on the arm in which the APS cuffs cannot withstand.

And this hasn't happened to my peerless or S&W... not saying it can't happen, but what I carry on my belt is what I'm comfortable with and what I know works. That's why my ASP cuffs sit in my duty bag and the S&W cuffs are on my belt.

As for the stress - the ASP cuffs need to put up with the stress, you don't always get the perfect handcuffing scenario. It doesn't matter how much training or what cuffing technique you're using.

Everyone has their opinion, mine is that the current design ASP cuffs are junk. But that's my opinion. S&W and Peerless continue to work for me.

Comment

The only problem I have had witht he ASP is certain cuff keys not working on them. Mainly on the key hole that is in the middle on the back side. I know the ASP single bar can pass the latch but so do the S&W I have. Also, just listen for the clicking. I have always been under the impression that if they are still struggling I'm not going to be trying to cuff I'm going to be taking care of the struggling. I realize there are goign to be different circumstances but all you have to do is listen for the clicking. It's not like they are quiet and you need a stethescope to hear them lock.
                              War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4058 users online. 227 members and 3831 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X