300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean/Disinfect handcuffs

With this Swine Flu scare, what is a good way to clean and disinfect handcuffs? Would setting them in boiling water be effective?

Thanks

give them a rub down in antiseptic hand wash. Thats what I do.

Comment

I uses the same Sani-Wipes that we use for our hands.

There's even some industrial strength Sani-Wipes that are made for equipment, not hands, that work well.

I wouldn't suggest boiling them or getting them completely wet.

Comment

whatever you do... DO NOT USE BLEACH!!!!
        NO-LIFER

Comment

Originally posted by Hale View Post
          whatever you do... DO NOT USE BLEACH!!!!
          Strong oxidizer when it reacts with metal, and you got some serious corrosion.

Comment

Clorox wipes.

Rub them down with handcleaner?

Invest in an autoclave?

Comment

I'm pretty sure this is something I innovated but if someone has done this before me please let me know.

Go to a beauty supply store and purchase a can of spray "Cool Lube"

It is a very strong disinfectant that is used for hair clippers. The kicker is that is also an awesome lubricator. So no need to clean and then lubricate it all is done in one step. Just spray them down and, wipe of the excess with a paper towel so you don't put them in your cuff pouch wet.

Comment

Just got done my Blood Borne and Infectious Diseases Recert... Anything that is at LEAST 70% alcohol is good. Anything that will kill TB will kill just about anything else.

Boiling water is good, just be sure to thoroughly dry and lube the hinges afterwards.
                Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Comment

..............or, you could walk through a car wash and sanitize your entire uniform at once!! just hand the air freshner on your ear. you can thank me later guys.

Always thinking, always thinking lol

Comment

We spray them with Lysol and wipe them down. Our jailers do the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MSUalum View Post
                      With this Swine Flu scare, what is a good way to clean and disinfect handcuffs?
                      Influenza is an airborne virus. So long as you don't stick your handcuffs up your nose, you don't have anything to worry about

Comment

"What the problem is?"

Comment

just throwing this out there. Not sure if its good or bad. But what about carb cleaner? It would certainly kill off anything thats on there. This would be a do it at home thing. As not many would be carrying a can in the trunk.

Comment

Originally posted by NJSouth View Post
                            Just got done my Blood Borne and Infectious Diseases Recert... Anything that is at LEAST 70% alcohol is good. Anything that will kill TB will kill just about anything else.

Boiling water is good, just be sure to thoroughly dry and lube the hinges afterwards.
                            That's a whole certification for you?

Comment

I use PDI sani-cloth HB wipes it will kill just about any virus bacteria or fungus. They use them in hospitals to clean things such as gurneys and equipment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5749 users online. 308 members and 5441 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X