300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike Patrol Shoes

I am looking for some good Bike Patrol Shoes. Any ideas?

I ride recreationally and use Pearl Izumi shoes from REI with eggbeater pedals. The eggbeaters are particularily nice if you are going through mud or otherwise gunking up your shoes. I could see them working very well on patrol.

http://www.rei.com/product/765129#
    http://www.rei.com/product/736922

They are lightweight, ridgid for pedalling, but protect the cleat very well if you need to get off your bike. Downside of most bike shoes is that they will be very stiff and not allow your foot to roll very much when you are on your feet.

Comment

Those don't look like a uniform shoe MY boss would approve.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
        Those don't look like a uniform shoe MY boss would approve.
        LOL. I dont think he/she would either. When I was on a Bike Unit I would buy plain black running shoes. I bought some "bike patrol" shoes once and wasn't impressed.
        illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Yeah, that seems to be the word on the street here is to stay away from the standard bike patrol shoe to stiff. I think i may check out the oakley low top boot/ shoe .

Comment

I would highly recommend the patrol cycle shoes (www.patrolcycle.com/patrol.cfm). True, they are a bit stiff, but you get used to it after a day or two and you'll never know you are wearing them!

The shoes act like a high end cycling shoe because they have the stiff sole but it works to your advantage by transferring more power to the pedals. The leather can be polished and the shoes look good with the uniforms. The HUGE reflective patch on the back of the shoes is a nice advantage over the generic alternatives...

There's a reason why so many police cyclists wear these shoes! Just go to any IPMBA class or conference and ask around!

Comment

Black new-balance shoes...good to ride with not bad for running in either.
              "For he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer." Romans 13:4

Comment

http://www.galls.com/style.html?asso...SP857&cat=2798

I wear these on bike patrol...they are comfortable and I can run well in them...I had to get a size down from what I normally wear so they wouldnt slip but they fit well now.

Comment

if you want something light and cool/airy i would go with the all black new balance running shoes. if you want something more sturdy i have a pair of all black oakley low top boots that i love. lots of racing pit crews wear them.

after looking on their website, i dont see the exact model i have so they may not make them any more. looks like this might be the replacement though:
                  http://www.oakley.com/catalog/produc...-low/11118-001
                  Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Sig Carrier View Post
                    Yeah, that seems to be the word on the street here is to stay away from the standard bike patrol shoe to stiff. I think i may check out the oakley low top boot/ shoe .
                    Being an avid cyclist I would say, stay away from anything that a cyclist would purchase. All soles on cycling shoes are designed for power transfer to the pedals. The soles are stiff and construction of the shoe is made for riding not standing for long periods of time or running or walking. Now, the Oakley low tops are an excellent shoe and I would recommend those along with the New Balance low top shoe. I hope that helps.

Comment

I was thinking the Oakley SI assualt (low top) or the sabot?
                      Last edited by Sig Carrier; 10-23-2009, 11:47 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Ive worn the new balance before and they did very well; on a pair of nike shox now good so far

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6533 users online. 365 members and 6168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X