300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackhawk CQC Serpa Holster Question

Do the Springfield XD(m) 9mm and .40 fit in the XD (notice no "m") holsters?

I am not seeing many XD(m) holsters on the market yet.
    Shot placement > caliber. Using a .45ACP means nothing if you can't hit your target. Practice, train, and do it all over again...and again...and again.

Try calling Blackhawk customer service, I'm sure they will have an answer for you.

Comment

heads up on the serpa holster: it will fail in a hand to hand fight. If someone gets a hold of your pistol and yanks on it...the serpa snaps apart. Otherwise it is a sweet ride, very fast on the draw, not to bad for UC operations if you don't mind a little bulk.

It just didn't perform well on the retention tests. To be completely fair: no plastic/composite holster held up. Only leather holsters with belt loops will keep your gun on you during a hand to hand fight.

stay safe!

Comment

I called springfield armory and asked them about the xdm holsters yesterday. According to them any 5in Xd holster will fit a Xdm, Including light bearing holsters.

Fog

Comment

I've used SERPAs almost exclusively since going to plain clothes. I, and all the other Defectives, swear by them. We've had one with a broken paddle, but that's all.

One guy belted the holster to a tree and fought to try to break it. Still in use. I prefer the belt attachment over the paddle.
          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I used a SERPA for three years with no issues. Then had outdoor retention training in a sandy environment. A small amount of sand got into the mechanism, rendering it unfunctional, and the weapon was unable to be drawn. After some cleaning, it worked fine, but not the thing you want to to when you need to pull your weapon...

Comment

Originally posted by ArcticCop View Post
              heads up on the serpa holster: it will fail in a hand to hand fight. If someone gets a hold of your pistol and yanks on it...the serpa snaps apart. Otherwise it is a sweet ride, very fast on the draw, not to bad for UC operations if you don't mind a little bulk.

It just didn't perform well on the retention tests. To be completely fair: no plastic/composite holster held up. Only leather holsters with belt loops will keep your gun on you during a hand to hand fight.

stay safe!
              Where can I find info on the "retention tests " you are talking about?
              Thanks...

Comment

My XDm9 and XD357 both work in my Serpa marked for the XD. The XD is pretty tight, but the XDm has a little front to back movement. It seems the trigger guard on the XDm isn't quite as deep toward the grip and that is one of the intended points of contact. I use it almost exclusively at the range and I haven't felt the need to make any adjustments. However, if you are only using it for the XDm you should be able to shim the inside of the holster at the trigger guard to tighten the fit pretty easily.

I know that BladeTech and Crossbreed both have specific XDm molds as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3566 users online. 214 members and 3352 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X