300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you change batteries?

Yesterday I realized that my Surefire X300, which runs on two CR123's just got considerably dimmer.

It turns on bright, and then immediately becomes considerably dimmer and stays that way. It's still somewhat useful, but not nearly as bright as it used to be. I changed the batteries out with new ones.

When do you change your batteries out?

Am I changing them out too soon?

Changing your batteries depends of what you are using the light for.

If you are using a flashlight for LE or tactical purposes as a weapon in its own right (blinding or disorienting a subject), then you should be changing the batteries or throwing it on the charger if the output drops to a level where the light no longer has the desired effect on the subject.

Most lights out there have a "regulated runtime" which is either a flat, even output or a slow steady decline in light output. Then, as the battery tanks, the output of the light drops in a very pronounced and fast way.

Personally, this is when I change my battery.
    "If and eye for an eye leave the whole world blind, then why the **** are gun toting gangbangers still hitting things?!!"

WHAT I USE AND STRONGLY RECOMMEND:
    Equipment Type: Bianchi Accumold Elite/Safariland/De Santis/Stallion Leather
    Flashlights: Surefire Peacekeeper P1R (Belt)
    Handcuffs: S&W 100's
    Preferred Firearm: S&W MP 40

***My statements are my opinions ONLY and are not representative of my agency or its policies***

Comment

I put in fresh batteries whenever my lights' output drops below maximum or falls out of regulation (if they are regulated).

In the case of incandescents, it's not necessarily good to underdrive (run on weakening batteries) the bulb.

Comment

I change the batteries in my weaponlights and optic every six months.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5574 users online. 344 members and 5230 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X