300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix TK40. Anyone have one?

This lights looks bad! 630 lumens is crazy.

Is it work the $155 price tag?

I have drooled over one, but I too am hesitant to drop the cash... I saw a review on Youtube that showed it to be awesome. On one of the flashlight boards I saw where someone deliberately treated it awfully, and it still worked (someone with more disposable income than I have!). The flashlight review board that I trust has it ranked as the number 10 flashlight overall... (that does not mean that there are ten flashlights that are better... just this guys ratings for his overall preference...some are pocket lights that he likes)

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/
    Lighten up Francis!

Comment

I own one!!!

(Shades on because its so bright)

Amazing Light!!!

Fenix is such a bad @$$ brand.........Tough as nails and bright as the sun........

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=233856

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
        This lights looks bad! 630 lumens is crazy.

Is it work the $155 price tag?
        I think so.....

Click link in above post

Very bright and durable and has strobe feature which in a dark setting is Extremely disorienting.......(I'm not a LEO yet so I don’t know if this is practical in the field)

If your looking for a Very tough light that will put the stand LE lights (Streamlight SL20's/ All Mag's) to shame...... Check these two out.....

JetBeam M1X / Fenix TK40

They are both VERY tough and VERY bright.

I ended up going with the TK40 because I love my Fenix TK11 and wanted a matching set......also I don’t like the shape of the JetBeam...(body too skinny and Head way to big).

I am no Flashlight expert.......but I am hoping that the resident "Flash-a-holics" will chime in and help out...
        Last edited by VChopefull; 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I can't speak to the strobe on the TK40, but I can about the strobe on the pd30...I am an LEO, but I have never had the occasion to use the strobe yet on bad guys... I have used it on my wife, kids, and co-workers though, and they all hate it!
          Lighten up Francis!

Comment

I have a PD30 for my little backup light. I have a TK40 for my normal carry as well as a Pelican.

I have a TK10 mounted on my AR-15.

Comment

Seems like the TK40 would make a worthy replacement for the Mag Charger. It probably wouldn't take much for Fenix to put a NiMH rechargeable battery in it and add a recharging system.

Comment

Originally posted by hopperja View Post
                Seems like the TK40 would make a worthy replacement for the Mag Charger. It probably wouldn't take much for Fenix to put a NiMH rechargeable battery in it and add a recharging system.
                The Fenix TK40 will feed the Magcharger breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. They aren’t even on the same level.

Unfortunately Maglight and Streamlight for some reason have a lock on the LE market......too bad because they are crap compared to the high end lights out there(Surefire,Fenix,Jetbeam.....ect)

Fenix is working on a different power source for the same light. To me the AA system is kinda cool because every gas station and 7-11 has AA batteries.

Comment

Hmmmm I guess i know what i will be adding to the Christmas list.

Comment

Streamlight is far from crap.

I can kill someone w/ my full size Streamlight.

Fenix is a good light to be sure, but keep it in perspective.

Comment

I didn't say Streamlight was crap. I said compared to Fenix their lights are crap. Which I do believe..

Yes, You could kill someone with your SL 20, and there is not a Fenix light that makes as good as an impact weapon as the SL 20. But Streamlight doesnt hold a candle to some other Flashlight companies like Fenix or jetbeam when it comes to light output or throw. They just dont. Slowly law enforcement supply stores and officers are realizing that and are switching to some of the higher end products.

Comment

The SL-20 is early 80s technology at best. The SL-20LED sucks. Streamlight is way behind when it comes to both LEDs and batteries. Pelican, Surefire and Fenix have left them in the dust.
                        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I dont have the Tk40. But I do carry 2 Fenix lights on me at all times and I can they they are great lights. I carry a TK12 with the safariland weapon mount system attached to it and then carry a fenix P3D Q5 in my pocket as a backup.

Just a couple days ago almost ordered the TK40 but decided to order the Olight M30 instead. I thought the TK40 might be a little to bulky for my taste. I wanted a light that I could wear on my duty belt and still throw a ton of light. The Olight M30 is rated at 700 lumens, and it has a dedicated strobe button on the side when the light is turned off. Very cool feature to have instead of turning on the light then having to switch through a few modes to get the strobe going. Youtube has a video that compares the Olight M30m, the Fenix TK40, and the JetBeam M1X; it was done by goinggear.com. It shows a good comparison of all the lights.

Comment

Originally posted by rhotondm View Post
                            Youtube has a video that compares the Olight M30m, the Fenix TK40, and the JetBeam M1X; it was done by goinggear.com. It shows a good comparison of all the lights.
                            Thanks Rhotondm, I will look for that. I have been kicking around the idea of picking up another one. Right now I am torn between another pocket light and the Fenix TK11 (r2). I will go to the vid to check out the M30.
                            Lighten up Francis!

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                              The SL-20 is early 80s technology at best. The SL-20LED sucks. Streamlight is way behind when it comes to both LEDs and batteries. Pelican, Surefire and Fenix have left them in the dust.
                              Exactly! well said

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6039 users online. 363 members and 5676 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X