300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TASER size comparison X3 vs. X26

This is just a visual comparison for size of the X3 vs. X26. I didn't bust out the calipers or rulers and take measurements, but I've had many people asking about this very issue, "How big is it, because it LOOKS huge!" Well, the X3 is a bit larger than the X26. However, it does contain newer technology and circuitry to work those 3 deployment bays. It also is waterproof. Now, people that go diving should not carry thing to ward off any sharks, but if you have concerns at your agency about water-related issues, it definitely may be worth checking into the new ECD.

NOTE: Remember, as far as the size goes, the X26 did not have any cartridges loaded onto it. Also, the X3 gets no larger as its cartridges are completely contained in the device.

Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 09-23-2009, 11:00 AM. Reason: Added note.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Point of Observation: In these photos, the X26 does not have the cartridge on the front.

Is the X3 loaded with the cartridge in these photos? If not, is the unloaded length still very similar to the loaded length?

All in all, looks a bit larger but with 3 times the fun.
    Last edited by fencipede; 09-23-2009, 10:49 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Sorry. I had that info in another forum and forgot to transfer it here. It's been added in the OP.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Yeah, the thing is huge. And it's holster is also huge.

We joked at work that you would need to carry it over your shoulder like a sword.

I will just stick to the X26.

(Not like I have a choice. lol)

I currently carry my X26 on a Aspen Mills taser pants. But the new X3 would most likely be too big for that. Maybe even uncomfortable with a drop holster, it's that big and un-wieldly.

Comment

That looks too bulky for me. I will stick to the x26. I dont see how someone with a slim build could wear that comfortably. I am glad my dept is too poor to switch to this right now!

Comment

For agencies tight on money looking to adopt TASERs, I'd rather have 100% of employees equipped with X26's vs. 50% with X3's, based on cost.

And it's even bigger than I thought it would be, even though it does have some nice features. Thanks for the comparison!
            All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

Id prefer to see them redesign and update the technology of the X26 so that the cartridge is static resistant and maybe give us a few other cool upgrades and just stick with that.

Realistically, I have always been a firm believer in the fact that if you are in a use of force situation where you have 3 people, all demonstrating the level of force requiring the deployment of a taser (which for us is now highly assaultive).... you prolly should have had your gun out already. Its pretty easy to articulate 3 assaultive subjects as being a GBH/death situation.

Just reviewing the number of options and gagets on this new taser it almost gives me the impression that it would be difficult to use under stress.

We should be sticking to the "Keep it simple, Stupid" ideology here and not adding more room to mess up.
              "If and eye for an eye leave the whole world blind, then why the **** are gun toting gangbangers still hitting things?!!"

WHAT I USE AND STRONGLY RECOMMEND:
              Equipment Type: Bianchi Accumold Elite/Safariland/De Santis/Stallion Leather
              Flashlights: Surefire Peacekeeper P1R (Belt)
              Handcuffs: S&W 100's
              Preferred Firearm: S&W MP 40

***My statements are my opinions ONLY and are not representative of my agency or its policies***

Comment

Now, it's highly possible that they'll be able to alter the size of the unit later on. Technology is a wonderful thing after all.

The new X3 cartridges are static discharge-proof.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFzxfWidk4

Part of the science built into the X3 has yet to be seen, really. In the future it will be able to sync with the TASER AXON computer via an RF module. Right now it has the ability to refine each individual pulse, making the cycle even more...umm..."meaningful" to the person riding the lightning.

There is only so much you can do to "upgrade" an existing platform before you need to outlay money and facility space to built an entirely new device. TASER software for the X26 is currently at Version 22. That's only within the past 6 years.
                NRA Life Member

Comment

Supposedly the headset camera is becoming more popular and being used in Europe right now.

Damned if I'm going to wear a headset camera 10 hours a day so everything I do is monitored.

Last edited by HEDP; 09-27-2009, 01:52 AM.

Comment

It doesn't work that way. The AXON is operated by the officer, turned on and off at will.
                    NRA Life Member

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                      It doesn't work that way. The AXON is operated by the officer, turned on and off at will.

Yeah.......don't be surprised if "policy" states it's on during every encounter.

Comment

looks bigger than the M-26!

Comment

Possibly. Although the X3 doesn't feel like you're holding a 2x4.
                          NRA Life Member

Comment

Holy Crap that thing is big

Comment

Ain't the first time I heard that.
                              NRA Life Member

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4002 users online. 203 members and 3799 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X