300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Level III Holster TIGHT

any advice on working in a level III holster? It very tight right now and it's hard to holster my weapon. drawing it is ok but still tight as well.

Keep drawing!!! Its about the ONLY thing that will loosen it. Before, during and after your shift practice. If you really want to get serious, position it on your belt and practice drawing it with your opposite hand as if you were wounded...its eye opening.
    Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 02:06 AM.
      Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Keep drawing as someone already said....It takes awhile to break in...you can work with it as you watch tv.
        This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

its the safariland ssIII. thanks for the tips.

Comment

Whatever you do...don't back out the screws. They will rub against your pants and fall out.
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

If it's a leather holster (I have to slow of internet to want to look) wrap your gun in 1 layer of wax paper, shiny side facing away from your gun. Then place the gun in your holster overnight.

Now it should be perfect. If it's still too tight, wrap it in 2 layers of wax paper.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                If it's a leather holster (I have to slow of internet to want to look) wrap your gun in 1 layer of wax paper, shiny side facing away from your gun. Then place the gun in your holster overnight.

Now it should be perfect. If it's still too tight, wrap it in 2 layers of wax paper.

The Safariland SSIII isn't leather, its that Safari-laminate stuff.

To the OP, I've got one of these holsters and there should be a screw on the OUTSIDE of the holster (away from your leg). You can loosen this screw and it will work wonders with the draw.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                  The Safariland SSIII isn't leather, its that Safari-laminate stuff.

To the OP, I've got one of these holsters and there should be a screw on the OUTSIDE of the holster (away from your leg). You can loosen this screw and it will work wonders with the draw.

Towncop is right. Your holster should of come with a little Allen wrench that is used for that.

Comment

second that.....same holster diffent gun..... mine came perfect but others had to lossen that screw

Comment

Buy some silicone spray. Spray it down really good inside, enough to soak down that suede. do this and draw, let it dry, spray it down again, draw.

Draw, draw draw!!!! And draw some more! The more you do it, the suede inside the holster will start to get shiny looking, and then the draw will get easier.

I had this same problem and created a thread about it too. Never tried the wax paper, but it may be worth a shot.

Comment

Spray quite a bit of silicone in it and put your gun in a sock then push it in. Unloaded of course (with all the pushing and fighting to get it in, you don't what a AD). Do this over night for a week and you will be amazed at the difference.
                        Last edited by SHU; 09-30-2009, 08:05 AM. Reason: hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Presence 1* View Post
                          Buy some silicone spray. Spray it down really good inside, enough to soak down that suede. do this and draw, let it dry, spray it down again, draw.

Draw, draw draw!!!! And draw some more! The more you do it, the suede inside the holster will start to get shiny looking, and then the draw will get easier.
                          This is what our rep told us to do also. Also said after last draw, give another good spray and let it sit.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5773 users online. 343 members and 5430 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X