300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSG9 Boots Waterproof?

Looking to get the gsg9 second generation. Are they waterproof? I currently have the oakleys assault boot and they are not. There site says water resistance. Anyone that have these boots, can you advise if they are waterproof or not?

I don't have those boots, but "water resistant" does not equal "water proof." Meaning it'll keep rain from entering your boot and stomping through a puddle won't get your tootsies wet, but submersion will leave you with water inside.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I have a pair of the first gens, try mink oil for waterproofing. It also takes that leather creak out of them. Good boots overall, very sneaker like if thats what your looking for. Just dont try any toe kicks with them Basically what Sgt said about water resistant/ waterproofing.

Comment

I have a pair of them that I use for patrol and Ive been in heavy rain etc. and my feet have been dry, i do not recall what Adidas claimed but they def are at least water repellent. i wouldn't stick my feet in a river or something with em but for patrol and mild to moderate rain/snow usage they are fine. The second gen gsg9 are diff. than the first gen and are less "sneakerish" so dont worry bout those toe kicks, but hey why use ur toes when u can use ur shin btw, i want to get me a pair of first gens. the second gens seem to hurt my feet more than my old boots!
        Liberalism is a mental disorder!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4144 users online. 201 members and 3943 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X