Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brader
    replied
    We have lockers but it's pointless using them with take home cars. We are on duty from when we leave the house till we return. I've been trying to figure out something too.

Currently I just keep my belt w/gun and outer carrier on one of those wierd round lounge chairs in an extra room. Then put my radio, ASP, mags, and belt keepers on the a windowsill shelf.

Leave a comment:

• mark268
    replied
    Normally throw my loaded duty belt in the toy bin with my 3 yr olds plastic police outfit. Occasionaly I have to instruct him to play with his gun, not mine but, this is very rare. He only handcuffed himself once.

Leave a comment:

• leesrt
    replied
    Get yourself one of these from Walmart.
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=11071333

It's a simple gun safe that you can secure against a wall by screwing it into a stud and the floor. I suggest any LE have at a minimum an inexpensive gun safe like this. I can't stand it when I hear how some house got robbed and they stole 10 guns, none of them is a safe. Now there are 10 more guns on the street and in the hands of the same people who can use them against us.
    Be responsible and secure your weapons.

Leave a comment:

• 86-43
    replied
    I bought a clothes rack on wheels from walmart, I hang ALL my uniform stuff on it. I've got so many different styles of shirts, stuff from different departments, I fill the whole thing. It's basically a tall rack with racks on both sides, a shelf on the top, and hanger things that extend off the side. All the uniform stuff goes on the tube racks, the belt and other odd shaped shape gets hung on the outer extenders.

Leave a comment:

• Maverick1701
    replied
    Originally posted by towncop View Post
    Make sure you know what you're talking about before you attempt to make someone else look dumb. You should learn the proper use of ''YOU ARE'' when attempting to bust nuts.

I was doing some research on body-armor and just had to throw this in here...

Leave a comment:

• readyornot
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion. All full time deputies have take home cars. We have a very active Reserve program that does not have take home cars but ride patrol often with full time guys as 2-man cars. Also, during initial FTO training PO's have to meet their FTO at roll call and use the FTO's car until they finish their training.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Leave a comment:

• Narco
    replied
    Originally posted by readyornot View Post
    Yes we have take home cars. But even the PO's and Reserves have to dress at home and drive their POV's to and from roll call.
    then they're not really "take-home" cars by definition are they? they sound like assigned cars that no one else drives but you but they must stay at the station. no?

Leave a comment:

• Narco
    replied
    vests should be stored flat. if for no other reason hanging it up will stetch out the elastic shoulder straps.

we never use our spare bedroom. i leave the belt and the vest on top of the bed and my keepers, knife, etc inside the top drawer of the chest of drawers. there is a cubbie type compartment in the chest of drawers. i keep my radio charger and flashlight charger in there. i drilled a hole in the back big enough for the power cords to go out so all that stuff is out of sight.

Leave a comment:

• KenW.
    replied
    I do not understand You have take-home cars, but commute in you personal vehicles? Why?

Leave a comment:

• readyornot
    replied
    Yes we have take home cars. But even the PO's and Reserves have to dress at home and drive their POV's to and from roll call.

Leave a comment:

• ShepXD
    replied
    We don't have lockers either, so I wear everything to and from work and change at home.

I distinctly remember reading from my body armors instruction booklet that it had to be stored horizontally, so I won't take the chance on ruining it despite the healthy debate here!

And for the record - The ORLY owl is pretty dated, can't we get some new memes up in here?

Leave a comment:

• HEDP
    replied
    Make sure you know what you're talking about before you attempt to make someone else look dumb. You should learn the proper use of ''YOU ARE'' when attempting to bust nuts.

Second, smart man, the item you are showing here is an aftermarket item. Sure, it's nice and pretty and will let your armor hang up nicely in your locker or closet.

Third, being a purchasing officer for my department, I've had the opportunity to speak with reps from Second Chance, PACA, ABA, and Point Blank to name a few. And guess what? They (the manufacturer, which is what I said) recommend your vests be stored flat. Nowhere in my post did I say that can't be. I simply passed on info as given. Now, if you're done being a horses ***, perhaps you can think of other bad info to pass on.

****Edited to add****

HEDP, it's not a big deal when you're wrong. It's ok, none of us know it all, and most of us can admit to being wrong from time to time without throwing insults around at fellow officers. C'mere.....gimme a hug.

No problem. Even though you started out by saying:

Completely wrong info here.

I won't hold it against you. Correct, we all make mistakes. I've even made one........once.

Leave a comment:

• towncop
    replied
    Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Then what's this?

http://www.streichers.com/ProductDet...rod=UK-SUPERBC

I'm sure some shouldn't be hung, but most can be.

Make sure you know what your talking about before you attempt to look smart.

Second, smart man, the item you are showing here is an aftermarket item. Sure, it's nice and pretty and will let your armor hang up nicely in your locker or closet.

Third, being a purchasing officer for my department, I've had the opportunity to speak with reps from Second Chance, PACA, ABA, and Point Blank to name a few. And guess what? They (the manufacturer, which is what I said) recommend your vests be stored flat. Nowhere in my post did I say that can't be. I simply passed on info as given. Now, if you're done being a horses ***, perhaps you can think of other bad info to pass on.

****Edited to add****

HEDP, it's not a big deal when you're wrong. It's ok, none of us know it all, and most of us can admit to being wrong from time to time without throwing insults around at fellow officers. C'mere.....gimme a hug.
    Last edited by towncop; 09-10-2009, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HEDP
    replied
    Originally posted by nycmike87 View Post
    Also your vest's shoulder straps tend to stretch downward when hangin

He said his is in an external carrier, which usually isn't a stretch material, so it should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• nycmike87
    replied
    Also your vest's shoulder straps tend to stretch downward when hangin

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3493 users online. 237 members and 3256 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X