300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just ordered a pair of 5.11 ATAC Waterproof

I've been wearing some Justin Patrol boots for about six months. I really like them but I can't see myself running after anyone with these things on.(I had to once, caught the guy and OCed his family) I just wanted something that fit more like a shoe and not a boot. After searching for some time I cracked and bought the waterproof boots. Why the waterproof, I have no idea it never even rains out here. I ordered them at lapolicegear.com, now the long wait.

Pic of the Justins

LAPoliceGear is good to go. You shouldn't have to wait long unless they're not in stock. And, yeah. Waterproof? You just wanna be prepared for the next 100-year flood - in another 84 years?
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 09-08-2009, 07:11 PM.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
      You shouldn't have to wait long unless they're not is stock.

They were in stock, I checked with the Online Chat option.

Comment

I haven't had luck with 5.11 boots. I just got a new pair delivered today which makes this my....uh...5th or 6th pair from them, I lost count. I keep breaking the eyelets in the boots when I tighten the laces. They've had me try on damn near every style of black boot they make. Finally, they sent these to their "Design" section to inspect all the eyelets and speed lace eyelets.

We'll see how long this pair lasts. If I break these, I'm done. They can give me credit so I can get some clothing or a bag, but I don't wanna screw around with their boots any more.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Damn Sarg you should have given me the heads up before I placed the order. I could have just gone to Academy and bought myself some Bates for $59. Oh well live and learn.
          Last edited by TEX_DEPUTY; 09-08-2009, 07:58 PM.

Comment

In 5.11's defense, I own two pairs of boots and haven't had a problem with either. Both 8", one is ATAC insulated without the zipper.

Then again, I'm one of those guys who has a pair for every occasion. I've also got one pair of Bates (low cut), one Magnum (lightweight, waterproof), one Danner (desert sand), one Cabela's (camo). So, I don't put too much stress on any one pair before switching up for a different application.

Anyway, like the saying goes, if you take care of your feet, your feet will take care of draining your budget.

Comment

You shoulda called Miss Cleo. She'da told you not to order those things!!!!

I posted in another thread about my issue with their boots, but I didn't start my own. Maybe if you're not too hard on them they'll be okay.
              NRA Life Member

Comment

Can't stand any of the 5.11 boots. I've had 3 pair and only wore each a few weeks. Didn't feel right, just couldn't get used to them.
                Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I'll take my chances and see how they are. It came down to the oakelys or 5.11, I choose the ATAC.

Comment

I am absolutely abusive on whatever goes on my feet, I have seen the separation issues others complain about with the 5.11's and the rubber sole. However I had a low cut pair and the 8" ATAC and I love them. They have lasted me 2 seasons each so far and that is the longest any boot has seen so far; foot chases, bad weather and all around abuse and I still feel comfortable....ohh and still shinning them to keep certain areas moist does help too.

Comment

I like my Oakley shoes...Feels like i'm wearing my Nike Shox.

Comment

That would really be saying something if the other person likes Nike.
                        NRA Life Member

Comment

I actually just got my boots in this weekend. I used them for work today and I have to say it's a big improvement.

I'll pass on the Oakley, they're boots are to much of a hit or miss.

Comment

Danner boots. All others are inferior to Danner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                              I haven't had luck with 5.11 boots. I just got a new pair delivered today which makes this my....uh...5th or 6th pair from them, I lost count. I keep breaking the eyelets in the boots when I tighten the laces. They've had me try on damn near every style of black boot they make. Finally, they sent these to their "Design" section to inspect all the eyelets and speed lace eyelets.

We'll see how long this pair lasts. If I break these, I'm done. They can give me credit so I can get some clothing or a bag, but I don't wanna screw around with their boots any more.
                              I have the SAME EXACT issue with my 5.11 boots. With the exception of the eyelet issue, I absolutely love the feel of them and they're not near as heavy as some others. Plus I like the composite (not steel) toe. Prevents someone from stomping my toes and it can really work on the shins.

Did they replace them under warranty? How did you go about getting them replaced? Thanks!!!
                              LASD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3058 users online. 144 members and 2914 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X