300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danner Boots

Can someone tell me whats all the rave about Danner brand boots? Also why are they so expensive. Im guessing that they must be pretty good boots. Insight please. Thanks

Danner boots are one of the brands that can be rebuilt, although I don't know if that applies to the newer "tennis shoe style boots." Acadias? Definitely. Specific models are approved for use by the U.S. Marines (they have an EGA stamped into the heel) and are supposed to be very supportive/comfortable.

I'd buy a pair of Acadias, but I can't find a place around here to try them on. I'm old school where I like boots. Not chukkas, not low top boots or uniform black tennis shoes. Boots. I want "You-eff-with-me-and-I'm-gonna-monkey-stomp-you" boots. I also want ankle support for when it's time to get down and dirty. Chasing people through urban terrain is not always nice and smooth like running on the track.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

What about Rocky, Matterhorn, and Thorogood? Are they also good boots. Up until now all that I have ever worn was 5.11 but definately wanna try something new.

Comment

I have 5.11. I've literally broken 5 pairs in the last 2 months. They're shipping my out my 6th pair under warranty. I'll never buy their boots again.

I haven't worn the other 3 you mentioned. The pair I had previous to the 5.11 fiasco and what I wear as I'm waiting on the new "QC-tested" boots are Magnums. Plain ol' Magnums with a gel sport insole.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I have Danner Acadias and Danner Recon boots, worth every penny. They are a bit heavy, but once you break them in they are really comfy. They also look good in our class A's. I also like the Oakley SI boots for a tennis shoe style boot.
          sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
          -George Orwell

Comment

IMO, Danner makes the best boot out there. They are high quality, will last a long time, 100% made in the USA, and are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

I have worn them for the last 10 years and have only bought 2 pair. I currently wear the full leather striker with gortex in the southeast and my feet have never been hot and stay dry in water up to the top of the boot deep.
            My first pair of these had a slight problem with the sole so Danner had me send then in to them. I had worn these boots for a year and within the week they sent me a brand new pair. Thats customer service. They are like the Glock of boots.

Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

I'll never buy Magnums's again, and didn't have very good luck with 5.11's. I just bought some Rocky Fort Hood's that I've been very impressed with. They hold a shine, are comfortable, and very well built. And they only cost around $100.
              "The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly. -Teddy Roosevelt"

Comment

whats a good site to purchase those types of boots for reasonble prices?

Comment

Don't buy the cheaper Danner boots. They are NOT made in the USA and cannot be rebuilt. The Striker and Striker 2 are great, comfortable boots but are made in China and are NOT recraftable. Drop the 260 for the Acadia's and you'll be pleased.

Comment

I have worn a single pair of Danner boots for the six years I was on patrol. They were re-soled at least two times, and I went through probably three sets of laces, but the actual boot just keeps performing.

They are in the shop right now getting re-soled again, and will be going back on patrol with me now that I am back in LE as a reserve deputy.
                    J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Are they cut a size bigger than what you would nomally wear?

Comment

No they actually run the size they say they are. I have the "cheaper" Danner boot and mine are made in the USA. They cost about $150-$175 depending on where you buy them from. If you like room in the toe area without going to a wide the strikers are good. They have great lateral support and the side zipper is really good. Even with the zipper it's 100% water proof.

I've worn Acadias while in the military and while being able to re-sole the boot is nice it also makes it a lot heavier. Like I stated, I've worn my Strikers for 3 years now and I still have plenty tread left.

One thing about a well made boot. Initially they will feel stiff or slightly uncomfortable. Give them time because they will break in and feel like they were made for your feet. The boots that feel like slippers when you first put them on usually wear out within a year.

Another nice thing is the leather is struck through in black which means the color runs all the way through the leather. If you scratch them bad you can sand them down with fine sand paper and re-polish.

The Strikers weigh 48oz. and the Acadias weigh 65oz.
                        The Strikers have a support and energy transfer system that really balances out the boot and gives you great lateral support. It's better for running and situations where you need to be mobile.

Like I said, I've worn both and I'll give up the re-sole option for the benefits of the stikers any day.

According to Danner and the boots I have, they are still made in Portland OR.
                        Last edited by leesrt; 09-07-2009, 02:13 AM.
                        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

i love my danner's, they hold a shine wonderful and after the initial break in they fit better than any other uniform but. i had a pair of 5.11 zips that broke the first time i put them on. so when i returned them i added some of my hard earned money to the boot voucher from the department and went with the danner's, and never looked back.

Comment

I had 2 pair of Danner. They lasted 2 years. The soles wore out. I also wore them in the USMC. I love the boots. I tried a Timberland boot this time. I want my Danners back. I guess I should look into getting them resoled. The boot is still in perfect shape.

Comment

I'll be the voice of dissent here and vote against Danner. They make my feet hurt. I wore Acadias for several years because they were so well built and durable, but my feet were in pretty much constant pain from when the work week began until midway through the weekend. For whatever reason, I tried a pair of Converse boots and rarely had any foot pain again. I guess the Danners are just too stiff or something.

The Converse boots last me about a year at best, but my agency pays for them so I don't care if they last six months. Gotta have something comfortable to wear. Oh, and they do take a good spit shine - I won the Starbucks gift card from the sarge at weekly inspection several times, with the boots making the difference.
                              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5513 users online. 308 members and 5205 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X