300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beltsword

This obviously doesn't fit under the category of duty gear, but I wasn't sure where else to post it. I just recently came across this product and whether you want to file it away under mall ninja gear or whatever, this is an interesting new product that I hope LEOs are aware of. With this system a person can totally conceal a blade up to 32" long with an extremely rapid deployment. Pictures and video at the website.

http://razorrazor.com/

Officer safety issue right there albeit fruity as all get out.

Comment

Guarenteed concealed weapon charge right there.
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Damn. It's always something. Maybe if a bad guy draws his, he'll have to hold his pants up, and that will slow him down.
        Thanks for the heads-up.

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
        Officer safety issue right there albeit fruity as all get out.
        Agreed, on both points.
        --
        Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
          Guarenteed concealed weapon charge right there.
          Depends on your state, and whether or not you have a CCW. In some states a CCW is good for "weapons", in others it specifies "firearms".

I have a pretty good hunch that if a private citizen used one of these even in a legitimate self-defense scenario, the defense attorney would have headaches with the hype getting tossed at the jury over the use of a 32" sword.

I'm kinda surprised no one has cracked any Croc Dundee jokes yet.

Comment

You know, I'm a gunfighter. I like firearms, and I'm very skilled with them. However, I know some folks who are very skilled with swords. In fact, I have one friend who is an accomplished swordsman, and while he would probably never carry a firearm, he would JUMP at the ability to get a CCW to carry a sword.

To those like him, I say 'good.' He should be able to carry the weapon of his choice, in which he has dedicated untold hours training, in the defense of himself or others.

Personally, I think swords are sexy as hell. I'm just completely lacking in any real skill in wielding one, so I'll stick with a handgun/rifle.
            J. Wise

AR-15 - AK-47 - NFA Trusts - My Pick - Carry Guns - 1911s

"Some say you can tell how the world stands by the prices of AK-47s...." Chit2001

Any comments contained herein regarding the legality of firearms, or the application of law, are strictly applicable to Texas. If you live in CA, NY, IL, MA, D.C., etc., the above comments will probably shock you, and should be read for educational purposes only. Most likely nothing I write will apply to you.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by velobard View Post
              I'm kinda surprised no one has cracked any Croc Dundee jokes yet.
              "Heh heh. That's not a belt, mate. This is a belt."

Originally posted by jwise View Post
              To those like him, I say 'good.' He should be able to carry the weapon of his choice, in which he has dedicated untold hours training, in the defense of himself or others.
              I agree. Law-abiding gun owners don't do holdups on their way to or from the range, and martial arts practitioners don't commit assaults with nunchaku on their way to and from the dojo. But some states seem to prefer to try prohibiting ownership of something rather than promptly and severely punishing the unlawful use of it. (Including but not limited to various less-lethal devices, in places like NY, MA, etc.)

If facing a threat that required him to draw his sword, I would hope he could gain the upper hand quickly. Literally disarming a gun-wielding assailant would be effective. It's hard to pull the trigger when your gun and arm/hand are laying on the ground. Slicing a 'Z' into his shirt could also be an attention-getter. Speed will be the deciding factor, lest it turn into an Indiana Jones vs. Scimitar Guy situation.
              --
              Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6323 users online. 342 members and 5981 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X