300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best Bike Patrol Bikes?

My department is starting a full bike unit and I was wondering what kind of bikes are out there? I know Trek and Fuji are top contenders for the LEO riding world. However, what ones are really the best for our buck?

I know my department uses the Cannondale Enforcement model bikes. They have a little light and sire on the bars along with a rack to carry a decent patrol bag.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/10/c...del-0FSP1.html

They even have a picture of one of our Sergeants on their website:

Comment

Thanks Crazy app. the link. I am going to check on those right now.

Comment

Love the Trek Police (enough that I bought my own). Totally unimpressed with the Fuji (which is department issued and stays on station while I ride my Trek).
        "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
        -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Personally, I've had good of-duty luck with Cannondale.
          All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

What about the Kona's or a GTs ??

Comment

Patrol Bicycle

KCPD uses the cheapest they can get, although we do have some Trek's that are pretty nice. Some of the guys who ride all the time purchased Rock Shock front forks. They definately make the ride smother and the climbs easier.

Comment

Crazynova,

What number you guys ride on those Cannondale Enforcement. There's something like 1-3

Comment

Originally posted by Sig Carrier View Post
                  Crazynova,

What number you guys ride on those Cannondale Enforcement. There's something like 1-3
                  I'm not sure, I'll see if I can find out on Tuesday. I know we have about 100 of them, since every officer at the station is bike certified and we have a large bike area.

Comment

Thanks crazy, Any other departments on here ride any rockhoppers or gary fisher's

Comment

I ride the fuji police special and find it to be a great bike. I absolutely love the remote lockout of the front shock and the ease of maintenance. A great feature often over looked is that the cables are run on the bottom of the tube, so you wont rub your legs against them as you peddle.

I have also ridden a trek and S&W bike. Both were very capable bikes, but I had maintenance issues with the Trek that made it a real headache. It wasn't an issue with all the treks, just the one I was issued... the left peddle would keep working loose, no matter how tight the shop would make it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6335 users online. 336 members and 5999 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X