300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Recommendation

Hello, I need to get some new boots. I fell in love with the Converse 8885 Pursuit Boot http://www.gearzoneproducts.com/inde...OD&ProdID=2191

However these boots are no longer made and are being closed out everywhere. The new converse boots are a little to crazy in design (looking like space boots). Does anyone have any recommendations for a good urban lightweight boot that looks at least fairly low profile?

Thanks

I enjoy my Bates tactical boots
    Men's Bates® Ultra-Lite 8" Side-zip Tactical Boots with Safety Toe Black

Great price. Very light nd have a zipper that eases the ability to get the boot on / off.
    Prob the only downside that I have seen is their longevity - maybe 9-12months on average? Though for the price... - heck, 79.00 -99.00 on average - not bad. They have a 6" zipper type and a 5" low cut type as well.
    My second set. The light weight makes them really comfortable!
    I have a set of Danners though those sit in the closet.
    For another light weight type tactical boot - I saw an Oakley model similar to the Bates that looked pretty good.

edit: side note - the above Bates have Gore tex that run about 125. or so.
    Last edited by Sytes; 07-25-2009, 01:02 PM.
    Live to work... or Work to live - YOUR Choice.

Comment

I have a pair of Danner Striker II's that have been treating me pretty good. I've worn a few different types of boots between the Marines and now police, and I'd daresay these are my favorites. They are waterproof, fairly lightweight (not as light as a Converse or an Oakley but lighter than your all-leather or Acadia-style boot) and are built tough.

Only downside imo is that high Danner price point.
      You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

Comment

Originally posted by mfh83 View Post
        I have a pair of Danner Striker II's that have been treating me pretty good. I've worn a few different types of boots between the Marines and now police, and I'd daresay these are my favorites. They are waterproof, fairly lightweight (not as light as a Converse or an Oakley but lighter than your all-leather or Acadia-style boot) and are built tough.

Only downside imo is that high Danner price point.

Ditto.

I've been wearing the original Danner Striker GTX, leather, side-zip boots for over five years now. They've treated me quite well. I just bought the equivalent Striker II's, and although they're different (in some ways that I don't like also) they appear to be just as good as my old ones. I don't know if they all have a "safety toe" or if that's just a feature of the model I bought. I'm not going to send them back since they are actually lightweight, but I'd just assume not have that feature. I've worn old boots for so long I can't remember how to get a brand new pair all nice and shiny.

Rocky makes a boot I've always wanted to try, and a while back I think I found an all leather, side-zip, full Gortex pair, but Danners have done so well for me I couldn't convince myself to go with Rocky. The Rocky Paraboots are what I'm referring to here, and they do look spiffy.
        Last edited by ArkansasFan24; 07-25-2009, 11:41 PM.

Comment

.Triple for the Danners.

It's what I wear and love. I'd definitely suggest sidezip.....much easier to get on and off.

Comment

Here is a link to the boot I wear and recommended above, from the website I ordered mine from: http://www.lapolicegear.com/dastiigtx8un.html

This particular link is not side-zip; I'm a traditionalist with my boots and prefer to lace them
            You, you, and you: Panic. The rest of you, come with me.

Comment

I've been wearing Magnums for a long time. 6 weeks ago I made the switch to 5.11 boots. I've broken 3 pairs of boots in that 6 week time period. The eyelets are some sort of plastic or polymer unlike the metal eyelets I'm used to. (Sarge likes the boots TIGHT around the top of his feet.)

5.11 has most graciously replaced each pair of boots without any hassle. The only problem is cycling through new boots all the time. Glad I hadn't thrown out my last pair of Magnums, though. I've broken 2 pairs of the 5.11 XPRT Tactical, and 1 pair of the 5.11 XPRT Patrol. They're sending me a pair of the 5.11 HRT boot since those don't have eyelets - the holes are there for lacing, there just aren't eyelets in them.

I really do like how light they are and they felt great on my feet, right up until they broke. Maybe if someone else doesn't use gorilla strength to tie their laces they'd be okay.

I've always wanted a pair of non-insulated Danner Acadia boots (gets a bit warm in Phoenix, ya know.) IIRC, those are now Marine Corps approved boots. The big problem here is not having any place that sells them in a store. I hate ordering boots online without being able to try them on. Never know how they're gonna feel.
              NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

If you like Converse already, go to another one of their boots. I love the converse boots. I'll never go back to another boot.

Oakely, Bates, and the like have all let me down...
                “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

My 5.11 Tactical boots....LOVE THEM!!

From here:

http://www.911tacticaldirect.com/5-1...insidezip.html
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by Smurfette
                  Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                  Originally posted by DAL
                  You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
                    I've been wearing Magnums for a long time.

Liar

lol

Comment

I've worn Danners for years. I love the boots. I was thinking about trying something new. I saw these new Timberland boots. The style is Bunker hill. They are a bit pricey but I like to buy nicer boots because they usually pay off in the long run. I bought the Timberlands and love them. Yeah they are pricey but I think they are worth it. I still have 2 pairs of Danners. I can't pay for Bates. They are crap quality.

http://www.leonuniform.com/timberland_94589.htm

Timberland Bunker Hill, 8" Gore-Tex® Waterproof Boot w/ Side Zip
                      Model: 94589

Force Tech footgear was designed to work hard in a wide range of conditions. We built them to be durable, flexible and as tough as they are lightweight. Warm or cold, wet or dry, on-road or off-road, they're essential equipment.

FEATURES:
                      • Vibram® rubber outsole for traction on varying terrain
                      • Durable polyurethane midsole cushioning for improved comfort
                      • Internal nylon shank for arch support and torsional stiffness
                      • Waterproof full-grain leather with molded external heel cage for support
                      • Crosstech® fabric by W.L. Gore waterproof/breathable membrane with resistance
                      • against blood and body fluids
                      • Self-locking polycarbonate hardware for a secure fit
                      • Non-metallic YKK® side-zip zipper with hook-and-loop closure for easy-on/off and secure fit
                      • Exclusive PreciseFit™ system for a customized fit
                      • Ortholite® footbed with Outlast® Adaptive Comfort® temperature-regulating cover

All Timberland Pro Valor boots features
                      • PreciseFit™ technology customizes the fit of each shoe by using supplied footbed inserts of varying thicknesses
                      • Vibram® soles soles for durable performance and traction
                      • Polycarbonate / non-metallic components
                      • 30 Day Comfort Guarantee ensures your customers that Timberland PRO® Valor series footgear are more comfortable than others or their money back, no questions asked.
                      Mabbottusmc is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                        Liar

lol

Jealous.

NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Danner 100%. They're American made, tough, highest quality, and the company stands behind their product.
                          I've worn the strikers for many years and love them. If you have a wider toe area these boots give them room. The gortex is great for rain events and the side zip makes them easy on and off.
                          My first pair lasted me a year and the sole cracked. Danner had me send them to them and within a week they mailed me a new pair. I don't know many boot companies that will do that after a year of wear.
                          Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

I have a pair of Danner Recons, and Bates GX-4s. Here's my opinion:

Danner Recon - Extremely comfortable. After I wore them for a while they felt like slippers. However, I don't like the look so much. Also they are heavy. When I first switched from the Bates GX-4 to the Danner Recon it felt like I was wearing lead boots. These boots are backed up by an awesome warranty, and can be reconditioned when they wear out for about the price of a pair of Bates boots (you shouldn't wear them out before three or four years, though)

Bates GX-4 - Still pretty comfortable, although you won't confuse them with a pair of slippers. More like a pair of tennis shoes. They are very, very light (both GX-4s together weigh the same as ONE of the Danner Recons). I could almost go for a workout run off-duty in these boots.

Comment

I have some Danner Acadia boots with Goretex. These boots are waterproof! But they are HEAVY. I also scuffed the leather on the toe when chasing a suspect over a chain link fence, so they have a gouge in the toe. I got the 5.11 boots because if I put an OOPS in the toe $100 is cheaper to replace than $230. The 5.11 boots are also about 1/2 the weight.
                              sigpic
                              Originally posted by Smurfette
                              Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                              Originally posted by DAL
                              You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2576 users online. 139 members and 2437 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X