300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Flashlight Question

Of those of you who carry a flashlight with the strobe function, have you ever used the strobe function to subdue a suspect?

I do not count using your light in steady on and flashing it across their eyes, I mean switching to strobe.
    YES
    21.43%
    NO
    75.00%
    What is a strobe function?
    3.57%
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Originally posted by Sleuth View Post
    Of those of you who carry a flashlight with the strobe function, have you ever used the strobe function to subdue a suspect?

I do not count using your light in steady on and flashing it across their eyes, I mean switching to strobe.

I have never encountered a situation where it would be useful.

Although my friend says it makes people on PCP fall over, yet, I haven't found anyone to test it on yet.

Comment

I used to use my maglite as a strobe (practice a lot) in several instances and it worked great. I was thrilled when you could get one with the strobe function.
      Encountering drunks is hilarious...
      It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
      Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

Sorry... not on a suspect, but directing traffic at night.

Comment

I have not had occasion to use it on a suspect, yet. However, I have wrecked a couple civilians in the office with it.
          NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

I used it on a drunk causing a disturbance at a bar. Screwed his goods right up.

Comment

Second hand story from an officer using the original Gladius: He and two rookie officers responded to a domestic. Baby's daddy was going to be arrested and picked the infant up, essentially holding him hostage. Taser, OC, baton, and hands-on posed a risk to the baby. My friend used his Gladius strobe, took the child from the apparently stunned father, and handed him to a rookie.
              John from Maryland

Comment

The baby or daddy was handed to the rookie?
                "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                John Stuart Mill

Comment

The baby was handed over to the rookie. Of course, I suspect that after being arrested, the suspect got handed over to the rookie as well.
                  John from Maryland

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4423 users online. 258 members and 4165 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X