300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <sigh> Need black/gold pens

I was advised that my silver pens (zebra F-301's, the best pen ever made) don't meet uniform spec. My pens must be either black or gold. I have no intention of buying nice cross pens, so give me some 1-2 dollar range pens that you guys like. If anyone knows of a black or gold pen that takes the same ink refills as that zebra, I'll send you 1,000,000 Shrute bucks..
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Have you thought about just spraypainting the Zebra black?

Comment

Try wrapping the pen with electrical tape, or use paint as listed above. I love my zebra pens and I would do anything to keep that thing, which leads me to the question: Where in the hell do you work where the brass are upset about the type of writing utensil you are using?

Comment

Why don't you just find a black pen to put in your pocket for display and keep a Zebra in your pocket for writing?

Comment

Black sharpie?
          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by jws8308 View Post
            Where in the hell do you work where the brass are upset about the type of writing utensil you are using?
            It's unbelievable that brass can get so bent out of shape over these things. I had a co-worker that told me at his previous department -- where he was a part-time officer -- a lt stopped him in the hallway one day and pointed out my friend's pen had a gold clip. He was told in no uncertain terms to not show up with a gold-trimmed pen until he made detective, lieutenant or chief.

Comment

If your life is being turned around by the pen you can use, I would say screw the system and use the pen you want. Any ah=gency that comes after you for improper pen needs to look at their priorities.
              "We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!
              sigpic

Comment

What is that in Stanley Nickles?
                War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

The Chief is HUGE on uniform appearance. Our badge, nameplate, and whistle strap are gold, so pens must be gold or black, as he pointed out, it's even in the general orders. I tried weakly to "discuss" this point but it was useless.

I think I like the idea of tossing it in my pocket, but I wear a safariland holster so its difficult to get to, I'll put some thought into that though..
                  Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                    The Chief is HUGE on uniform appearance. Our badge, nameplate, and whistle strap are gold, so pens must be gold or black, as he pointed out, it's even in the general orders. I tried weakly to "discuss" this point but it was useless.

I think I like the idea of tossing it in my pocket, but I wear a safariland holster so its difficult to get to, I'll put some thought into that though..

It could also be your chest pockets, if their long enough to conceal your pen, you could just put one up there.

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post

You've got more than one pocket there homeslice. I've NEVER heard of such an idiotic general order in my life. And I'm a stickler for uniformity/appearance issues. I assume you all also leave the pen sticking out the top of the pocket for all to see/grab right?

By the way, you're wrong in that the Zebra F-301 is the best pen ever made. EVERYONE knows the best pen ever made is the Parker Jotter in chrome.
                      Last edited by towncop; 05-07-2009, 09:51 AM.
                      Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Originally posted by towncop View Post
                        By the way, you're wrong in that the Zebra F-301 is the best pen ever made. EVERYONE knows the best pen ever made is the Parker Jotter in chrome.
                        Seconded. Add a Fisher Space Pen refill in it and it's even better.
                        ... I shall not be afraid of the terror by night or the arrow that flies by day ..."

Comment

Originally posted by scotty707 View Post
                          Seconded. Add a Fisher Space Pen refill in it and it's even better.
                          Thanks for the heads up. Had to get a refill before shift tomorrow evening. Gonna try this one.
                          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Good grief.

Anytime you get gigged for stupid things like that it means you have way too many guys in administration.
                            Time to thin the herd.

I understand having to use either blue or black ink but, I mean Christ!, pens themselves have to be certain colors?

Comment

I carried a Zebra in uniform shirt chest pocket under the pocket flap where it was not visible.
                              "A fanatic is one who won't change his mind, and won't change the subject." -Winston Churchill

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts." -Will Rogers

"To desire to save these wolves in society may arise from benevolence, but it must be the benevolence of a child or a fool" -Henry Fielding

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4161 users online. 263 members and 3898 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X