300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Related iPhone apps?

Just wondering if anyone has stumbled upon any iphone apps that help you out day to day while on duty.

The only 3rd party program I use for work is:
    ePocrates: useful to ID pills

Otherwise,
    Safari: most state criminal and traffic statutes are online, Google, Anywho... the web is pretty useful
    Maps: satellite images of terrain, though they're not always very current
    Camera: snap quick mug shots and routine evidence photos, easy to upload wireless at station
    RadarScope: best weather radar app
    Calendar: shifts, OT, court, details... all synced

Honestly, here is what I use the most on my iPhone:
    Mint - all my money stuff in one place
    Calendar
    Facebook
    Shazam - Identify songs on radio
    Clock: only alarm clock in the house I trust will go off and will wake me up
    eBay
    iPod
    and the phone portion.
    Resq14
    RIP Seann1
    Last edited by Resq14; 04-21-2009, 08:18 PM.
    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"custom","data-tempid":"temp_14312_1475388990098_890","height":"65","title":"flower.gif","width":"72"}

Comment

Here in Texas, we are lucky enough to have an app that has our penal code on it and it is very accurate. Also, the ePocrates listed above to ID different types of pills.

Comment

NICUSA - Most Wanted might be something you would check into.

Comment

Personally, I've found the spanish to english translation app helpful. And the Texas Penal code is great too.

Comment

There's an app called Logger which would be very handy if it wasn't crashtastic.

Apple Store Link
            Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
            Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

Off topic question for those of you guys using iPhone while on duty: Are you ever concerned about it breaking or getting seriously scratched up while on call or during work? I'm carrying around my iPhone during FTO, and it doesn't seem to be that bad, but before I started FTO I was curious if I should have ditched it. Right now I'm due for a re-up with my cellphone company, so it's either grab the new iPhone or find a more generic phone that I wouldn't really care about getting jacked up in the field. Comments or opinions?

Also, if you do carry it around, do you use a belt holder? Keep it in the car? What's your method? Thanks in advance.
              "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Originally posted by Resq14 View Post
                The only 3rd party program I use for work is:
                ePocrates: useful to ID pills

Otherwise,
                Safari: most state criminal and traffic statutes are online, Google, Anywho... the web is pretty useful
                Maps: satellite images of terrain, though they're not always very current
                Camera: snap quick mug shots and routine evidence photos, easy to upload wireless at station
                RadarScope: best weather radar app
                Calendar: shifts, OT, court, details... all synced

Honestly, here is what I use the most on my iPhone:
                Mint - all my money stuff in one place
                Calendar
                Facebook
                Shazam - Identify songs on radio
                Clock: only alarm clock in the house I trust will go off and will wake me up
                eBay
                iPod
                and the phone portion.
                I just checked out that mint program, very cool.... could use a bit of tweaking though... like I pay my electric cash, and since it won't show up in my account, it doesn't show it as 'paid'

back on topic...

paywatch is cool for logging OT
                Now playing for getting movie times etc
                isports for keeping up with the games

Comment

Originally posted by sap123 View Post
                  Off topic question for those of you guys using iPhone while on duty: Are you ever concerned about it breaking or getting seriously scratched up while on call or during work? I'm carrying around my iPhone during FTO, and it doesn't seem to be that bad, but before I started FTO I was curious if I should have ditched it. Right now I'm due for a re-up with my cellphone company, so it's either grab the new iPhone or find a more generic phone that I wouldn't really care about getting jacked up in the field. Comments or opinions?

Also, if you do carry it around, do you use a belt holder? Keep it in the car? What's your method? Thanks in advance.
                  I carry mine on me, but I'm lucky enough to be able to wear an external vest cover, so I keep it in one of the pockets. I have the clear front screen protector on mine, and also a cheap but good easy on and off rubber shell made by DLO that goes on it. I ALWAYS make sure the screen stays towards my body, not outward. So sure, there is a possibility of anything breaking, but between the shell, the screen protector and keeping the screen towards my body, the chances are slim. I could never go back to a cheaper cellphone cause there are too many Apps I use on duty. The most useful to me is the Google Maps.
                  www.saveavet.org

Comment

What is the name of the app for the texas penal codes? Also there is one for law enforcmant news.

Comment

pick up an incase iphone silder cover and some screen protectors and you're all set.

Comment

If you're worried about your iphone getting damaged, just get one of these:

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-3g-3g...defender-case/

Personally, ever since finding out that AppleCare is pretty much worthless, I just leave mine in my gear bag.
                        Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
                        Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

if you have a take home this is awesome. it keeps mine cradled next to the MDT, it doesn't move, and i can easily run a jack from the phone to the AUX plug on the stereo to listen to the ipod/pandora. you can easily see the phone and what's playing or who's calling without it sliding around in your seat or bouncing around in your bag.

http://www.mountguys.com/product_p/ipm125.htm

here's what it looks like mounted in the Impala

Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Thanks for the advice all.

Welp I pulled the trigger on a new 3G S over the weekend and it should be arriving at the end of this week. I've got the usual set of skins on order for it (by the way, if anyone is need of screen protectors, I will vouch for www.bestskinsever.com : great product and is pretty much what I put on all of my gadgets), and Im sure I'll find some sort of slider case I'll like. I don't have a take home but that looks like a pretty effective setup you've got running.
                            "Officer, you are kinda hot."

"And you are kinda intoxicated."

Comment

Originally posted by cobes View Post
                              If you're worried about your iphone getting damaged, just get one of these:

http://www.otterbox.com/iphone-3g-3g...defender-case/

Personally, ever since finding out that AppleCare is pretty much worthless, I just leave mine in my gear bag.
                              Just curious, what makes you say the applecare is worthless?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4498 users online. 251 members and 4247 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X