X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU74
    replied
    Originally posted by 13MWZ View Post
    Looks like an interesting system. My main consorn with entering the LE field has been of back pain. I injured my lower back while deployed. It doesnt bother me much on a daily basis, but while wearing my battle rattle for more than a couple hours I begin to feel the pain. I believe I'll be investing in one of these to try and help discourage back pain from a duty belt. After watching the video and reading the FAQ's, I have to wonder....does it allow for normal movement without discomfort? It seems to me that bending over, sitting, ect would cause the user's pants to ride up. Constantly picking out a wedgie on duty doesnt seem too profesional. Or is that not even a problem?
    A. I wear under armour so that really isn't a problem B. it really doesn't ride up, stays in place and i hardly even notice that im wearing it anymore. Biggest thing is finding a good place for the front two keepers so they arent poking into your hip bones

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    Not a problem.

Leave a comment:

• 13MWZ
    replied
    Looks like an interesting system. My main consorn with entering the LE field has been of back pain. I injured my lower back while deployed. It doesnt bother me much on a daily basis, but while wearing my battle rattle for more than a couple hours I begin to feel the pain. I believe I'll be investing in one of these to try and help discourage back pain from a duty belt. After watching the video and reading the FAQ's, I have to wonder....does it allow for normal movement without discomfort? It seems to me that bending over, sitting, ect would cause the user's pants to ride up. Constantly picking out a wedgie on duty doesnt seem too profesional. Or is that not even a problem?

Leave a comment:

• GIOSTORMUSNRET
    replied
    Ok, I've had a backdefender for a while now. It works great, holds you gear better when you run, don't have to hold on to your belt as you do. It does alleviate the weight of the belt on the hips and lower back. For those of you saying 200 is a bit pricey, it is tax deductible since it is a uniform/safety item that is job related. Since it is under the uniform it is unnoticeable, the only pieces visible are the belt keepers. There is a learning curve for getting it adjusted, but that should only take a couple times of wearing it. I think it was well worth the money to get, at least your back and hips will appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• creedstaind
    replied
    Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
    it really doesnt effect your pant size, i wear the exact same size pants i just wear my inner belt a bit more loose. My duty belt is actually on the same notch as before, all depends how tight you like to wear your inner belt. highly recommend wearing it over your vest and looping it through your inner belt and then tucking your shirt in. gets hard to get situated if you try to put your shirt on and then loop it through your belt. Just my opinion...let me know if you need any help we had to wear them during academy for 7 months and now i wear it every day on patrol
    That's cool that your academy actually provided you with them. Wish my academy was as concerned about our health as yours was. I firmly believe I would have never had back problems to begin with if not for some of the senseless, trivial things they had us doing in DT that are of no help whatsoever on the street.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU74
    replied
    Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
    Hate to bump an old thread back but my Back Defender is being made this week and I hope to have it by the end of the month. I have pants are a little bigger than I normally wear ready for the rig but MAY need a new belt. As soon as I have the rig set up I will post reviews. Any other wearers of this product have new input or advice?
    it really doesnt effect your pant size, i wear the exact same size pants i just wear my inner belt a bit more loose. My duty belt is actually on the same notch as before, all depends how tight you like to wear your inner belt. highly recommend wearing it over your vest and looping it through your inner belt and then tucking your shirt in. gets hard to get situated if you try to put your shirt on and then loop it through your belt. Just my opinion...let me know if you need any help we had to wear them during academy for 7 months and now i wear it every day on patrol

Leave a comment:

• creedstaind
    replied
    Got mine a few days ago. THe learning curve is definitely steep, and it's easy to get frustrated with trying to snap the keepers and making sure the gear on your duty belt is in the right place, having to make adjustments and re-adjustments, etc. I've also noticed that the "down members" that have the metal clips have started to rub my pelvic bones raw. The instructional DVD says to wear them over the hip flexor, which is what I'm doing, but it's rubbing those pelvic bones raw. Maybe I need to loosen it up some or move them further inside, I don't know. Either way, I can handle a little surface pain over my pelvic bones if it steps my lower spine from hurting. I can definitely tell it helps my lower back, but I can also notice more tension in my shoulders/traps from supporting all of the weight up there instead. Again, maybe i just need to loosen it up a little. I"m going to keep tweaking it and trying it different ways each night until I find what works best for me. Hope this helped.

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    Originally posted by flash40 View Post
    I'm thinking about purchasing one of these. If it is worn over the vest (I can't imagine it being comfortable under), do outlines show on the uniform shirt? Can you still wear shirt stays?
    My wife says that she does not notice any outlines on the shirt. Even if there are, it would be hard to notice. You could wear shirt stays (the type that connects to your socks or feet) if you wanted to, but it would be incredible difficult putting them on.

Leave a comment:

• flash40
    replied
    I'm thinking about purchasing one of these. If it is worn over the vest (I can't imagine it being comfortable under), do outlines show on the uniform shirt? Can you still wear shirt stays?

Leave a comment:

• beavo451
    replied
    Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
    Hate to bump an old thread back but my Back Defender is being made this week and I hope to have it by the end of the month. I have pants are a little bigger than I normally wear ready for the rig but MAY need a new belt. As soon as I have the rig set up I will post reviews. Any other wearers of this product have new input or advice?
    I've found that having LOOSE pants and belt is the most comfortable while wearing the back defender. Loose as in not pulling anything tight. Hold the ends of your belt while the keepers are snapped on and just put the ends together. My pants went from a 30 (taken in to 29ish) to a 32.

Leave a comment:

• SintoSaint
    replied
    you making good profit from this I hope at 200 a pop?
    not experiencing constant pain? check. not ingesting copious amounts of anti-inflammatory drugs? check not having to visit the doctor? check

yeah, I'm making a profit. NO back pain is a WONDERFUL thing!

Leave a comment:

• JKralC104
    replied

Leave a comment:

• exdrip
    replied
    Originally posted by Crash314 View Post
    I have been wearing the back defender for a few weeks now. It took a little getting used to. I can no longer wear shirt stays, but the back defender keeps my shirt down pretty well.

I first tried the back defender becuase I was having significant lower back pain becuase of the belt. I have noticed a 100% decrease in my back pain. Do you know that feeling of relief you feel after taking the belt off at the end of shift, it feels like unloading some weight. With the back defender the weight is distributed evenly across my upper back, chest, and shoulders. I barely feel the belt at all during work. I would suggest this product for anyone having back pain from a duty belt.

And from my point of view, well worth the $200.
    you making good profit from this I hope at 200 a pop?

Leave a comment:

• Goose71
    replied
    My alternative to this system was to get a pair of heavy-duty work suspenders, pull the regular clip off, and zip-tie ithem to my rig.

Since I wear an outer carrier, no one sees them, and my back feels 100% better.

By the way, for those saying that core work will help you; I can still do 90 sit-ups in two minutes. Didn't help my back one bit.

Leave a comment:

• westside popo
    replied
    If you are on the last notch without the system then get a larger belt size. I was on the third notch and now am on the last notch. I too could feel a difference in the back. Another thing I noticed is my shirt stays tucked in longer and no longer have to constantly adjust my belt and vest to stay comfortable. I wear mine over my vest.
    One small negative thing I've noticed about the system, after wearing it several hours, is it feels like the balistic vest (with gear) I had to wear in Afghanistan.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6227 users online. 385 members and 5842 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X