Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am really thinking of getting this , one question does anyone know if the keepers are changable if you switch departments and go to a different style?

Comment

Don't know, I found this link yesterday. Looks like a new forum to ask them questions.

http://backdefender.blogspot.com/

I hope this works
      A good friend will bail you out of jail, but a best friend will be sitting next to you saying, "damn, that was funny!"

Comment

Originally posted by therook View Post
        i am really thinking of getting this , one question does anyone know if the keepers are changable if you switch departments and go to a different style?
        I was wondering the same thing, this looks like a very interesting system, I might be ordering one soon.
        sigpic

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
        -George Orwell

Comment

Does this rig go over your body armor?

Comment

Originally posted by dspcop View Post
            Does this rig go over your body armor?
            Under or over... I wear it over.

Comment

For those that ended up purchasing this rig:

How much of an increase in the belt and pants size did you need? I have an extra notch left on my duty belt and am hoping I can just let it out to the last notch to accomodate the back defender.

Any new feedback on the product?

Comment

Increase it a size bigger than what you normally wear. That extra notch sounds like it will work. By the way, my back pain has been GREATLY reduced! And I also wear mine over my body armor.

Comment

If you are on the last notch without the system then get a larger belt size. I was on the third notch and now am on the last notch. I too could feel a difference in the back. Another thing I noticed is my shirt stays tucked in longer and no longer have to constantly adjust my belt and vest to stay comfortable. I wear mine over my vest.
                  One small negative thing I've noticed about the system, after wearing it several hours, is it feels like the balistic vest (with gear) I had to wear in Afghanistan.

Comment

My alternative to this system was to get a pair of heavy-duty work suspenders, pull the regular clip off, and zip-tie ithem to my rig.

Since I wear an outer carrier, no one sees them, and my back feels 100% better.

By the way, for those saying that core work will help you; I can still do 90 sit-ups in two minutes. Didn't help my back one bit.
                    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

Originally posted by Crash314 View Post
                      I have been wearing the back defender for a few weeks now. It took a little getting used to. I can no longer wear shirt stays, but the back defender keeps my shirt down pretty well.

I first tried the back defender becuase I was having significant lower back pain becuase of the belt. I have noticed a 100% decrease in my back pain. Do you know that feeling of relief you feel after taking the belt off at the end of shift, it feels like unloading some weight. With the back defender the weight is distributed evenly across my upper back, chest, and shoulders. I barely feel the belt at all during work. I would suggest this product for anyone having back pain from a duty belt.

And from my point of view, well worth the $200.
                      you making good profit from this I hope at 200 a pop?
                      "Friendly Fire, isn't"

Comment

Hate to bump an old thread back but my Back Defender is being made this week and I hope to have it by the end of the month. I have pants are a little bigger than I normally wear ready for the rig but MAY need a new belt. As soon as I have the rig set up I will post reviews. Any other wearers of this product have new input or advice?

Comment

you making good profit from this I hope at 200 a pop?
                          not experiencing constant pain? check. not ingesting copious amounts of anti-inflammatory drugs? check not having to visit the doctor? check

yeah, I'm making a profit. NO back pain is a WONDERFUL thing!

Comment

Originally posted by JKralC104 View Post
                            Hate to bump an old thread back but my Back Defender is being made this week and I hope to have it by the end of the month. I have pants are a little bigger than I normally wear ready for the rig but MAY need a new belt. As soon as I have the rig set up I will post reviews. Any other wearers of this product have new input or advice?
                            I've found that having LOOSE pants and belt is the most comfortable while wearing the back defender. Loose as in not pulling anything tight. Hold the ends of your belt while the keepers are snapped on and just put the ends together. My pants went from a 30 (taken in to 29ish) to a 32.

Comment

I'm thinking about purchasing one of these. If it is worn over the vest (I can't imagine it being comfortable under), do outlines show on the uniform shirt? Can you still wear shirt stays?

Comment

Originally posted by flash40 View Post
                                I'm thinking about purchasing one of these. If it is worn over the vest (I can't imagine it being comfortable under), do outlines show on the uniform shirt? Can you still wear shirt stays?
                                My wife says that she does not notice any outlines on the shirt. Even if there are, it would be hard to notice. You could wear shirt stays (the type that connects to your socks or feet) if you wanted to, but it would be incredible difficult putting them on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6283 users online. 391 members and 5892 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X