300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Back Defender

Has anyone used this product or familiar with it. I have done a little research on the product. I am on the uniform and equipment commitee on my Dept and have presented the product to the command staff. Just wondering if anyone out there has any input.
    "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Yes it is, its a harness you wear that holds your belt in place and keeps it from moving around. Apparently you also do not have to wear it so tight. It requires no modification to your duty uniform and cannot be seen. There is a website that has pictures,testimonials ect.. WWW.backdefender.com. I am hoping to get it placed on my Depts uniform clothing allowance

Comment

I can't seem to get the link to work. Is this the correct one?

http://www.backdefensesystems.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flashaholic View Post
        I can't seem to get the link to work. Is this the correct one?

http://www.backdefensesystems.com/index.html
        My bad brother yes it is under that link you have there.

Comment

Originally posted by kckpd756 View Post
          Yes it is, its a harness you wear that holds your belt in place and keeps it from moving around. Apparently you also do not have to wear it so tight. It requires no modification to your duty uniform and cannot be seen. There is a website that has pictures,testimonials ect.. WWW.backdefender.com. I am hoping to get it placed on my Depts uniform clothing allowance

So, couldn't anyone wear this and be fine, since no one can see it?

Comment

That's awesome. Suspenders you can wear under your clothes.
            What is Perseverance?
            -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
            -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
            -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
              So, couldn't anyone wear this and be fine, since no one can see it?

I imagine yes anyone could wear it. But we get a grand a year for uniform and equipment allowance. We can only buy things on an approved list. I am just trying to get this added so the Dept pays for it instead of the induvidual is all

Comment

$200.00 a little high but if it works

Comment

What if you're about to have diarrhea? Can you detach it quick enough to keep from ruining your pants?

Comment

looks like it would prevent u from wearing shirt stays as well and the hidden tailor belts.

Comment

Originally posted by NBW791 View Post
                      What if you're about to have diarrhea? Can you detach it quick enough to keep from ruining your pants?
                      There's an accessory available for that problem.

Comment

My experience with the back defender...

I have been wearing the back defender for a few weeks now. It took a little getting used to. I can no longer wear shirt stays, but the back defender keeps my shirt down pretty well.

I first tried the back defender becuase I was having significant lower back pain becuase of the belt. I have noticed a 100% decrease in my back pain. Do you know that feeling of relief you feel after taking the belt off at the end of shift, it feels like unloading some weight. With the back defender the weight is distributed evenly across my upper back, chest, and shoulders. I barely feel the belt at all during work. I would suggest this product for anyone having back pain from a duty belt.

And from my point of view, well worth the $200.

Comment

I've got back problems and at one point, I was out of work for about three weeks because of it. This sounds very interesting to me. I would like to try it out but I'm wondering if they will take it back if it doesn't work out? I would hate to spend the 200 bucks, then not ever use the thing. I'm also curious about how well it keeps the shirt down. I'm very used to me shirt stays and I don't like a loose fitting uniform shirt.

Comment

I have found as an old man that the best "back defender" I have used my whole career, and it hasn't costed me a dime is SIT-UPS.....

That's right, working out... Keeps those back muscles strong, no back pain from 20 pounds worth of gear and it also has the added benefit of allowing you to keep in the fight....

Core strength, the best "back and the rest of your body defender" on the planet.
                            Be safe pulling back into the thread...
                            http://infidelswithhonor.com/

Comment

Wow....been looking for something like this for over a year and by goodness someone finally made one. Since my department refuses to let patrol buy nylon gear or any other gear that might help alleviate the pain of wearing a heavy leather duty belt laden with all of the goodies. I'm going to buy one........like right now.

I've been on the street for almost 3years now and my back is killing me. About 50% of our vets (5 years+) have back problems. Some of the more serious are the disk problems and such. If this can help in anyway I'm for it.....my back health is well worth 200 bucks.

I'll post a review in a few weeks after it comes in let you guys know if it works or not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6290 users online. 386 members and 5904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X