300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASP care?

Picked up a used asp off a friend, nice and rusty.. So I cleaned it all up with a wire brush, it's shiny and works fine. I'm just curious if I need to put any lube or anything on it for PM, or just put it back together?
    Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

I was always instructed never to lube an ASP, as you'll compromise the friction that is used to keep it open.
    "A professional is a man who can do his best at a time when he doesn't particularly feel like it." - Alistair Cooke

Comment

Originally posted by DIRIGO View Post
      I was always instructed never to lube an ASP, as you'll compromise the friction that is used to keep it open.
      +1

Don't ever use any type of "lube" on your ASP. Use only a dry paper towl or something to that effect. As stated, your ASP works on the principle of friction, something that would be lost if you used WD-40 or something on thr shaft.

Comment

I wasn't referring to it in terms of lubing it, I really meant more like "drylubing" with militec to protect the metal.
        Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by DIRIGO View Post
          I'd just change the pin on the inside and the inner ring.
          No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it.
          -Theodore Roosevelt

Started Mandate - 1/12/09
          Passed Range Week - 1/30/09
          Passed E.V.O.C. - 3/20/09
          Graduated - 3/27/09
          Sworn In - 4/20/09

I am the Law.....

Comment

Leave the ASP at home where it belongs and you won't have any rust problems.

Comment

I believe they have a rubber o-ring in the tailcap so some silicone grease on the tailcap threads should be the only place you'll need lube.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post

Mandated to carry it at my new dept

Comment

Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
                  No
                  Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
                  No
                  Student
                  Figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                    Figures.
                    I know several cops who have broken their asp on bad guys with no reaction only to have the badguy say hours later "ouch my freakin leg hurts"

They don't carry them anymore. Besides once I get my taser, I'll have pepper, my fists, and a taser, do I really need a 3rd intermediate weapon?

Comment

Originally posted by FiremanMike View Post
                      I know several cops who have broken their asp on bad guys with no reaction only to have the badguy say hours later "ouch my freakin leg hurts"

They don't carry them anymore. Besides once I get my taser, I'll have pepper, my fists, and a taser, do I really need a 3rd intermediate weapon?
                      I think the better question would be "why wouldn't you want every available option?" No one piece of equipment or technique is effective 100% of the time.
                      Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
                      Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

Figures.

Date of Birth:
                        March 21
                        Are You Employed in the Law Enforcement Industry:
                        No
                        Law Enforcement Agency:
                        Broward Neighborhood (nuke) Watch
                        Are You a Sworn Police Officer:
                        No
                        Interests:
                        Military and police stuff stuff, anything to do with those things
                        Rank/Title:
                        Private Joker
                        Years Experience:
                        I don't have any
                        Student

Figures.

Your years of experience show through.

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                          Figures.

Your years of experience show through.
                          I don't talk down to a cop with a legitimate question, who did nothing to anyone, like a smart-mouth punk student, such as yourself. Do you really want to do this? I'm giving you advanced warning that I will win.

Comment

I don't talk down to a cop with a legitimate question, who did nothing to anyone, like a smart-mouth punk student, such as yourself. Do you really want to do this? I'm giving you advanced warning that I will win.

First off, I'm not a student. Just because I don't think what I do defines who I am on the internet doesn't mean anything. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. People can be right or wrong whether or not they are an LEO or not.

It was a joke. Nothing wrong with that. If you want to attempt to start "fights" on the internet, you've come to the wrong place. Go someplace else to be a keyboard warrior.

Comment

I don't talk down to a cop with a legitimate question, who did nothing to anyone, like a smart-mouth punk student, such as yourself.
                              LOL.

Your mouth was what got you banned last time.
                              Last edited by Till; 04-07-2009, 12:43 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4160 users online. 263 members and 3897 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X