300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baton rattle

Hi...I recently purchased the Monadnock 24 inch officer series friction lock baton with the steel tip. I have it in the monadnock holder. Everytime i take a step it rattles, but not just a little bit I think it is quite loud. Do you guys have any suggestions to make it a little more quiet. I already spread the clip apart inside slightly but that didnt really work. Thanks in advance

Originally posted by eze284 View Post
    Hi...I recently purchased the Monadnock 24 inch officer series friction lock baton with the steel tip. I have it in the monadnock holder. Everytime i take a step it rattles, but not just a little bit I think it is quite loud. Do you guys have any suggestions to make it a little more quiet. I already spread the clip apart inside slightly but that didnt really work. Thanks in advance

Return it for an ASP leverloc.

Just kidding. The clip usually adjusts the tension on the rod's, making the baton open or close easier or harder.

If it's that noisy, I'd take it back to where you bought it and see if there all like that. If they are, your s.o.l., if there not, perhaps you can get an exchange since it's new.

Comment

I'm bumping this one back up.....i sent it back to Monadnock and they said thats just the way it is, that it rattles and tried to talk me into buying an autolock baton because it doesnt rattle when closed......can anyone tell me if the asp friction locks rattle alot when closed and in the holder, or should i get the auto lock?

thanks a lot

Comment

I have and asp and it does rattle a little, but its not loud. Its just kind of a ticking noise when its holstered.

Comment

i found that if you put a rubber band around the handle it helps with the rattle but i have my monadnock in a asp side break holster

Comment

1. Take baton back to the store.

2. Get money back.

3. No more problems with rattling.

Comment

I had the same rattling with an ASP. Ironically the Autolock rattles when it's open.
              Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
              Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

I had a rattle with my ASP. I put a black zip tie around the holder, problem solved.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3946 users online. 258 members and 3688 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X