Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choice of Ink Pen

Hey guys,
    Do you guys have a preference in a favorite pen you prefer to use when writing reports or citations especially on those citation papers that all pens do not work on? Gel-pens seem to work.

I just know I prefer a retractable pen vs. a pen I'd have to take the top off and then start writing. The one-click option makes work much easier.

Uniball, Pilot, etc?

Thanks
    Last edited by ThaLastLetter; 03-14-2009, 12:52 AM. Reason: .

It took some work but I have found the perfect set up. Take the clicky from a Zebra F 402 and put it on the body of a Zebra F 701 (this required a pair of pliers) and there you have it. The pen is hefty and has a nice solid feel, the barrel is one solid piece of metal so it won't ever work loose, the clicky is now metal (not sure why the factory clicky is plastic but it's junk) and it fits in the pen slot of a uniform shirt perfectly. There isn't any rubbery grip part to get caught up on the shirt and it comes out of the pocket nicely (I don't clip my pen on my shirt I slide it all the way in the pocket, i think the pen clipped on looks sloppy). The barrel is thick enough that your hand doesn't go numb if you have to write a lot also. I get compliments on my pen quite often.
    War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

I use the Pilot G2 7mm pretty consistently. They're cheap throwaway pens, but pefect for my writing style.

I like the 7mm more than the 5mm because it seems to press a bit harder and go through all the copies.

Comment

I buy large packages of the Zebra F301 at Sam's Club. It's a pretty solid pen, it writes on damn near everything, and it's inexpensive enough that I don't feel bad if it disappears.

I just need to find the stripper that took one from me a couple weeks ago...

Comment

We use the Zebra Sarasa .7mm They work great...

http://www.zebrapen.com/gel-sarasa.html
          It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Zebra F-301
            Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by ThaLastLetter View Post
              Hey guys,
              Do you guys have a preference in a favorite pen you prefer to use when writing reports or citations especially on those citation papers that all pens do not work on? Gel-pens seem to work.

I just know I prefer a retractable pen vs. a pen I'd have to take the top off and then start writing. The one-click option makes work much easier.

Uniball, Pilot, etc?

Thanks
              My shirt pens that I do little to nothing with other than perhaps write my signature with are Parkers. They're cool looking because of the arrow clip.

The pen I use most writing with is a "Bic Soft Feel Med." Why? It's what the secretary buys us in seriously vast quantities. It's kept in the cargo pocket of my Streetgear pants.

Comment

I'm watching this thread. Good topic, I was just thinking about that.
                Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called children of God.
                -Matthew 5:9

Comment

thanks...its a pretty important topic...i was told by senior officers that our best weapon is the pen..which is true.

Comment

I use a computer to write reports, but for anything I have to hand write I buy a box of basic Bic pens at Costco, so when I loose them I have another in my pursuit case.
                    David Bailey Photography | Bailey Tactical

sigpic

"Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor satan shudders and says oh hell he's awake!"

Comment

Zebra f-301. Cheap and write very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabbottusmc View Post

Zebra f-301. Cheap and write very well.

+ 1.

This is what I use, write great and cheap, so if you lose one (which you will) you don't feel bad.

Sorta like a knife, you want a good solid one, but under $100, so if you lose it, you aren't mad that you lost your $200-$300 knife.

Originally posted by Ten10 View Post
                        We use the Zebra Sarasa .7mm They work great...

http://www.zebrapen.com/gel-sarasa.html

These are gel pens, don't they streak?

Or if you go over what you wrote they smear and also get on your palms?

Comment

Originally posted by HEDP View Post
                          + 1.

These are gel pens, don't they streak?

Or if you go over what you wrote they smear and also get on your palms?

Yeah, they will occasionally. It's more of a problem for me being left handed, my hand crosses over the ink when I'm writing.
                          It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

I, along with most of the officers at the correctional facility that I work at, use the Pilot G2.

Comment

i use whatever it is they hand out in the basement at the main

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5388 users online. 370 members and 5018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X