300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenix TK11

Will this be a good primary flash light to replace my streamlight stinger? I also carry a large streamlight flash light as well, but sometimes i leave it in the car and i need a light on my belt. So will this light be a good secondary/ sometimes primary light?

What is a good belt holster for this light. It has to be plain black leather.
    Last edited by Tmg; 11-27-2008, 09:55 AM.

Yes. From the reviews I've seen, you'll probably forget you even have the Streamlight.

As far as the holster, I'd get the light and then take it into a uniform shop that sells the brand & style of duty gear you wear, then see what fits.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
      Will this be a good primary flash light to replace my streamlight stinger? I also carry a large streamlight flash light as well, but sometimes i leave it in the car and i need a light on my belt. So will this light be a good secondary/ sometimes primary light?

What is a good belt holster for this light. It has to be plain black leather.
      OF COURSE! This is both my secondary / primary light.. Actually my secondary light is one of the in car flashlights.. but I use the TK11 on every call and every traffic stop that requires a light. I love mine. Just keep a extra set of batteries with you, not that it eats up batteries (it's not too bad) - but there's nothing like being on a call at night with a dead flashlight!

For your holder, I recommend the Bianchi Accumold Elite simple open loop holder designed to fit the Streamlight Scorpion. It can be found at http://www.lapolicegear.com/bi79coliho.html

Or just search your favorite law enforcement dealer for it. It IS available in plain black leather. I asked this same question awhile back at http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95433

Good luck, and good choice!

Comment

The TK11 will in simple terms destroy you're SL Stinger. It has a higher lumen output, throws better and can handle 18650 cells for extended runtime.

You can also use a Surefire V70 Holster, the TK11 fits perfectly in the holster bezel up. It will not go in bezel down.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:37 PM.

Comment

I think I'm going to buy one of these tonight from LA Police. Anybody know of a nylon holster that fits the TF11. I would like a closed top holster if possible. Does Bianchi make a closed top?

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
              I think I'm going to buy one of these tonight from LA Police. Anybody know of a nylon holster that fits the TF11. I would like a closed top holster if possible. Does Bianchi make a closed top?
              I think it comes with a nylon holder.

Comment

Originally posted by toasterlocker View Post
                Serious? I heard this wouldn't work... I might just break down and get a TK11 now and see how it compares to my 6P with Malkoff.
                It does fit perfectly, I carried mine like that for a few months before I sold it. It just wont fit in there bezel down like the 6P can, but it is a smooth fit.

It will hold it's own with the Malkoff M60, but you can clearly see the M60 is brighter but not by much. The beam pattern that the Malkoff produces is cleaner the TK11 and the hotspot is much better on the M60 as well. The TK11 has a Cree ring and that leaves a small black spot to the side of the hotspot.

But overall a very decent light.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

The good thing about the TK-11 is that it can use the rechargeable 18650 battery. This will free the operator from the expensive 123's batteries.

Incidentally the run time is better with the 18650 than with the 123's.

Also it can be used in the flashlight mode for 12 hours at 60 lumens.

Mine have a smooth reflector, I would have liked an orange peel reflector to clean up the beam of the shadow around the hot spot.
                  In any case I think that all tactical lights should have an orange peel reflector for the flood effect, trying to make a thrower out of that small reflector is a mistake.
                  Police officers need all the flood they can get to clear houses, if they need a good throwing light, they should look at something with at least a 2" reflector.

Cheers
                  Black Bear
                  builder of the BOREALIS flashlight
                  www.BlackBearFlashlights.com
                  E- mail [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Tmg View Post
                    I think it comes with a nylon holder.
                    My T10C2 came with a nylon holster. Probably good to wear with the jeans but not with leather duty gear. Will that holster work with the T10C2 also?
                    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
                    “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
                    “If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.”
                    “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.”
                    -John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
                      It does fit perfectly, I carried mine like that for a few months before I sold it. It just wont fit in there bezel down like the 6P can, but it is a smooth fit.

It will hold it's own with the Malkoff M60, but you can clearly see the M60 is brighter but not by much. The beam pattern that the Malkoff produces is cleaner the TK11 and the hotspot is much better on the M60 as well. The TK11 has a Cree ring and that leaves a small black spot to the side of the hotspot.

But overall a very decent light.

Good to know. I assumed the TK11 might be better than the Malkoff because it was designed from the ground up for its LED. I guess that focusing optic in the Malkoff works even better than I thought.

Sgtbambam, do you know if the nylon holster that came with your light has a large enough belt loop it will fit on a duty belt? I have nylon gear anyway, so it would match if I used it on duty.

Comment

Sgtbambam, do you know if the nylon holster that came with your light has a large enough belt loop it will fit on a duty belt? I have nylon gear anyway, so it would match if I used it on duty.
                        I recently ordered a TK11 to replace my Pelican M6. The description of the holster that comes with the Fenix is simply stated as "pouch." So I doubt it's of any quality. Conversely, the M6 I'm replacing came with a pretty decent nylon holster that's suitable for duty use. Hopefully the TK will fit in the M6 holster. As soon as I receive my Fenix, I'll post what the quality of the pouch is like...
                        "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

If the holster is anything like the one that came with my TK10, then it'll fit your duty belt. It works fine for me.

Comment

I'm talking about the EagleTac SgtBamBam has, just so we're clear. NOT a Fenix of any kind.

Comment

Good to know. I assumed the TK11 might be better than the Malkoff because it was designed from the ground up for its LED. I guess that focusing optic in the Malkoff works even better than I thought.

Yea, i believe that it will. I might try it tonight even though it'll look like crap with leather. I might use it until I can find a leather one that will work. Also, again, the light is awesome!
                              "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway"
                              “Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.”
                              “If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow.”
                              “A horse is a horse,it ain´t make a difference what color it is.”
                              -John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3901 users online. 228 members and 3673 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X