Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Citation writing in the car at night.. ideas?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by towncop View Post
    This has got to be mostly a "California" unwritten rule. I have never, ever heard that preached in any training I've been to on the east coast or here in the midwest.

With that said, I replaced the clear bulb on my large dome light with a red one. Works great and does make it hard to see me while I'm in the car.
    I'm not saying it's the right way, the only way etc. It's the way we were taught and stay alive by.

Do what is best for you, in your town, your situation etc. Sometimes knowing variations of tactics (east coast/west coast) can help you think outside the box.

Bottom line is to go home safely. Be safe people!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
      I abide by the unwritten rule ...... NEVER write a cite inside your car.
      I'll go one better dep, abide by the double secret unwritten rule...NEVER write a cite....period!
      "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

opsk-
        i like your set up. at 1st i didnt see how those 3 bulbs would make it bright enough but it seems to do fine. think you can post a how-to article for us?

ps. i like the matrix screensaver...got it on my toughbook also =)
        Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by opskmallory View Post

And it looks pretty sweet with the Matrix screensaver too.
          That cradle is for your phone??
          Nice looking setup overall.
          The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

There are some USB lights that you can attach to your computer and use for your keyboard and light as well. I throw them on my MDT, and I put the license in the keyboard against the top of the monitor. It allows me to read the license and type in the information as well. Some work better than others, you can find them at walmart.

While I respect everyone's different aspects of training, I'll never do the same thing with my cites. Some I'll write inside my car, some I'll write on the trunk, and some just nearby. Each has it's pros and cons. But, I will never write them <all> outside the car, as I work on the beach, and it's far too windy all the time, which just makes everything more of a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
              I'm not saying it's the right way, the only way etc. It's the way we were taught and stay alive by.

Do what is best for you, in your town, your situation etc. Sometimes knowing variations of tactics (east coast/west coast) can help you think outside the box.

Bottom line is to go home safely. Be safe people!
              Deptuty X2, I wasn't harping on you or LA Dep's tactics at all. Just seems strange to me here in the midwest that you guys are so strict about this out there.

And I totally agree with looking outside the box.
              Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I didn't take it as harping at all!
                This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by Narco View Post
                  opsk-
                  i like your set up. at 1st i didnt see how those 3 bulbs would make it bright enough but it seems to do fine. think you can post a how-to article for us?

ps. i like the matrix screensaver...got it on my toughbook also =)
                  Yea, I'm interested in doing this too.. I know the concept.. but I'd probably screw it up.

Comment

I'd love a right up as well, you think red LED's would work as good as the green ones?
                    sigpic

Comment

LED Dome Light Modification

I'm not very good at writing instructions, so I'll just post some good interior pictures. It should well illustrate what is necessary. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Items Needed:
                      3 Green LEDs. Check your auto parts store in the customization area. I bought mine at AutoZone for about $6.00 and include the plastic holders. If you are looking to do several cars, check e-bay for a bulk pack that'll run you about $10.00 or so. You might have to buy the holders separate.

1 SPST micro-toggle switch. Radio shack has these for about $2.50.

Soldering Iron, solder, and heat-shrink tubing, drill with bit set.

Note on LED colors. I personally prefer green LEDs for a few reasons, as stated in my first post. Green LEDs match the interior instrument lights of the CVPI, thus reducing contrast and strain on the eyes. Green is ideal for night vision applications in general. Red LEDs will work just as well (or blue), but won't look as clean. Blue tends to cause headaches over extended periods of time.

Here are the pics.

Comment

Just as a caution to the ebay purchase. Not all LEDs take 12v in. Be careful on your purchase!
                        Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

did you wrap them all together and then just ground 1 and hot wire the other?
                          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I went to Autozone today and all they sell is red LED's. They also have blue, but I did a search online and for some reason they don't offer green anymore. I'm having trouble sodering the ground wire, but from what I've seen, the red led's I've installed aren't gonna cut it. Tomorrow I'll mess around with it more and get the ground properly secured but from what I could see rigging it up, the red LED's weren't bright enough for me to type on the keyboard.
                            sigpic

Comment

** there was a picture here **

Look for this item
                              10-74 S8
                              Forum Member
                              Last edited by 10-74 S8; 11-23-2009, 02:04 AM.
                              Quote of the week: "I was going how fast? And that's a school zone?"

Comment

The ones I bought were by from Pilot. Just went to theit website and they listed Advanced Auto as a Supplier, but a search of their website shows they only sell Optx's underglow kits, not the above item. Can't find it listed on Ebay either.
                                sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4065 users online. 245 members and 3820 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X