300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under Armour shirt hurts underarms?

Does anyone else have this problem? I've been wearing these shirts forever but they really dig into my arm pits. It hurts so bad by the end of the shift. Can you cut the sleeves off them without messing up the shirt?

I like the compression shirts but don't want to try another brand only to have the same problem. Anyone tried the 5.11 muscle mapping? I'm really only concerned as to whether other brands did into your arm pits like UA does.
    Perseverate In Pugna

UA Heatgear? If so, try one of their looser fit shirts maybe.
    All Gave Some - Some Gave All

Comment

I don't know about cutting the sleeves. I wear the sleeveless version to avoid that very problem since they're tight. I wanted to try those muscle mapping shirts, but figured they would dig into my armpits so I haven't bought them.
      NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Yes, I have the same problem too. I thought I was the only one. I've seen people who have cut Under Armour shirts and they stay together. No fraying or anything of that nature, so I guess you could cut it if you wanted.
        Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity

Comment

x3! Gosh they are swore sometimes.
          "Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Matthew 10:28"

Comment

I have that problem too.

Try the sleeveless. I'll be switching to long sleeved UA Coldgear in the next couple weeks. Probably not necessary in ATL.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:34 PM.

Comment

yep, today was another day of arm pit hell. it hurts!! i'm gonna cut the sleeves off my oldest one and report back
                Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

I recently bought my first UA heatgear L/S shirt. I wore it one tour and love it. It breaths, doesn't stick to my body and feels good. Thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by hxd View Post
                    I have that problem too.

Try the sleeveless. I'll be switching to long sleeved UA Coldgear in the next couple weeks. Probably not necessary in ATL.
                    One thing I noticed about the LS cold gear is that it does wear at the armpits like the heat gear. My cold gear is two sizes larger so that is probably the reason. Narco, you could buy a couple sizes larger of the heat gear and since it stretchy it'll feel about the same but with loser seems at the pits.

Comment

during the summer I wear UA loose gear T shirt underneath my vest. it doesnt bother me a bit...
                      Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God (Matthew 5:9)

Comment

Originally posted by nadler20 View Post
                        One thing I noticed about the LS cold gear is that it does wear at the armpits like the heat gear.
                        Interesting, thanks.
                        With that in mind, I'll buy just one to try out for now.

I will say, since I started wearing UA, it just doesn't feel right when I go back to cotton. I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn a cotton t-shirt in the last six months.

Comment

i can count on 1 hand ive worn cotton in the last 4 years. i love the compression shirts. they dont come untucked and buch up. i dont have any of the long sleeve UA cold gear. if you say it's doesnt hurt the pits like heatgear then i'll try it.
                          Perseverate In Pugna

Comment

Originally posted by nadler20
                            One thing I noticed about the LS cold gear is that it does <not> wear at the armpits like the heat gear.
                            Originally posted by hxd View Post
                            Interesting, thanks.
                            With that in mind, I'll buy just one to try out for now.

I will say, since I started wearing UA, it just doesn't feel right when I go back to cotton. I can count on one hand the number of times I've worn a cotton t-shirt in the last six months.
                            Sorry, I left out "not" in my other post. The LS CG does not rub my armpits. Sorry for the confusion

Comment

I use the 5-11 compression shirts. They bugged me for a bit but either i'm used to it or they stopped hurting after a couple of washes.
                              The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9695 users online. 410 members and 9285 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X