300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots for a walking beat

I'm looking for recommendations for a cop spending a lot of time walking and running on concrete/asphalt surface. The only requirements are that they be black in color and have to be 8" tall - no "shoes". There will be sport gel insoles put in for additional cushion.

Not waterproof and no Gore-tex.

Whadya got?
    Last edited by Sgt. Slaughter; 11-02-2008, 10:05 AM.
    NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

I have the SI assualt shoe from Oakleys, It feels great after a whole shift. I know you need a boot and they also make the SI assualt 8" boot. If you sign up for Oakleys Military and Government program it should set you back about $105.

Comment

I've had fairly good luck with 5.11 ATAC 8 boots. there seems to be alot of variance in individual boots, however. One pair I have is extremely comfortable but a 2nd. pair isn't. I recently bought a $5 pedometer from Walmart and find I put 18000 to as much as 20000 steps/shift.
      Every day is just the same, I'm chasing rainbows in the rain.

Comment

I was reading some reviews on the 5.11 XPRT Patrol boots. Seems pretty favorable. I need something with good breathability. Gets kinda warm out here, ya know?

FL50 - How long have you had those Oakley boots? I've heard they don't hold up very well.
        NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Converse .... By far the most comfortable boots I have ever owned/worn on duty.

Comment

Sgt. Slaughter, I have had the boots for about six months and problems yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CopInAz View Post
                Converse .... By far the most comfortable boots I have ever owned/worn on duty.

+1 for these boots. I have them and they really dont feel like a boot. I work in LE but as a PST at the airport and walking is the only way to get around. I have had mine for about 6 months and the black around the toe area has kinda wore down, but nothing a good boot shine cant fix.
                Thomas - aka HUCK
                PST II - Police Service Tech II

Comment

Bates Ultra-Lites. The break-in time takes a little while, if you can endure it, they will be extremely comfortable. I didn't think weight was that much of an issue but after 12 hours, it does help. After 1.5 years my tread is also still in good shape, granted I'm not on permanent foot patrol, I typically get 9-12 months out of boots.

The side zip doesn't have an inside liner the whole way to the top of the boot, rather just some flaps that overlap once it's zipped up. I'm mentioning that because my Rockies have a liner up to the top and it makes sliding my feet in pretty difficult.

Comment

I wear Nike Air Max tennis shoes right now that weather is ok and love them...

I switch to a boot for winter weather..

I have been looking at the Oakleys but I am curious at the sizing of them....there is know where near here to try them on

Anyone know the size difference??? I have heard they are 1/2 to 1 size bigger so is that correct???

Also Converse that was recommended loooks great too but same boat as trying them on....anyone know how those are sized as well???
                    Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller View Post
                      Also Converse that was recommended loooks great too but same boat as trying them on....anyone now how those are sized as well???

For me anyways, the converse fit smaller then what I was used to wearing. I ordered a size 12 because I wear an 11 1/2 wide in my tennis shoe most of the time. When I got my PO and went to pick em up, I decided to try on a size 11 and they fit perfectly. Plus they are normal width, not a wide width.
                      Thomas - aka HUCK
                      PST II - Police Service Tech II

Comment

Originally posted by huck911 View Post
                        For me anyways, the converse fit smaller then what I was used to wearing. I ordered a size 12 because I wear an 11 1/2 wide in my tennis shoe most of the time. When I got my PO and went to pick em up, I decided to try on a size 11 and they fit perfectly. Plus they are normal width, not a wide width.

Ok thanks...I normally wear a size 10 so may just stick with that size

Im hearing that I may have to go size 11 for Oakleys...I really like the looks of the Converse ones I saw on line
                        Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3828 users online. 248 members and 3580 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X