300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYLON GEAR : BIANCHI or BLACKHAWK?

I am trying to decide between Bianchi Patrol Tek and Blackhawk nylon gear. Bianchi is ablout $50 cheaper at LAPolicegear.com. Of course I am looking for a quality, durable product, any of you have experience with these 2 brands?

Blackhawk sucks. Their stuff is made cheap and sold expensive. Nothing fits with accessories from other brands and your gear will be the same stuff used by Airsofters all over the world.

Don't get me started on their "Hydrastorm" line of crap.

Bianchi, Safariland, Uncle Mikes, just about anyone but blackhawk.

My agency buys everything blackhawk makes and we keep it in the closet while we use the stuff we bought/traded for with blackhawk crap.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Why don't you tell us how you REALLY feel about Blackhawk?
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

From that list, I would suggest the Bianchi nylon gear. It is what I use for patrol and I really like it. Uncle Mike's, I am not really impressed with, seems cheap.

Comment

i have the bianchi accumold elite duty belt keepers and cuff case... they hold up great and lighter than normal leather... i would imaging their normal nylon would hold up as well

Comment

Most of my nylon rig is Bianchi and Safariland. Don't go with the blackhawk stuff. I work with guys who purchased the blackhawk stuff around the same time I purchased mine. We're only allowed to wear Nylon when were on the boats or other SOD functions. I spend more time on the boats than anyone else and after 3 years, my gear is still in great shape, whereas the blackhawk stuff has long ago been replaced.

The only nylon Uncle Mike's I have is the duty holster. It's been a good holster, and I can switch it from duty belt rig to drop leg holster in about two minutes. Don't know about the rest of Uncle Mikes gear. Seems ok, definately better than blackhawk.

Comment

I don't think any of Uncle Mike's nylon duty gear is cheap. There is a line of nylon holsters out there for the non-LE types that are cheap and crappy. I've had the UM nylon I'm wearing now for going on three years, and it's held up very well. I'm impressed with it, and it's about all I ever saw people wearing in the area I came from. Bianchi Accumold is good though and if I replace this I'll probably get the Bianchi simply because their handcuff pouches seem flatter and smaller than Uncle Mike's. I will drop a bomb on UM's latex glove pouch. I think the Bianchi glove/pager pouch is better. I had to start wearing one because according to policy "all officers will have surgical gloves on their person at all times." I guess I could just wear them on my hands to get by that. LOL I found an open hole where the Bianchi holder fits and stuck it there. The UM version which I had and never used wouldn't have fit, and I flat out refuse to wear things around my back.

Comment

I have had bianchi and I liked it. I switched PDs and was issued uncle mikes. I hated the stuff. Like like crap after just a few months and I went through a few holsters after breaking them.

A few years ago I was issued gear from here. www.nylonwebgear.com. I have had this stuff for years and no complaints. The gear is a little tight breaking in.

No experience with black hawk duty gear. I have a holster from them and like it.

Comment

I used all Bianchi stuff and loved it! When I was hired our dept. issued me all Safari land leather gear. I'd much rather wear my Bianchi.
                  "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the sons of God"-Matthew5:9

Comment

Get the Bianchi. But don't get Patrol-Tek. Get the original Accumold. Price should be on-par with the Blackhawk, but it'll last you about 10 years longer and look better doing it.

Comment

definitely get the accumold. I have had an OC holder for 2 years no problem. Another CO went through 3 patrol tek OC holders in one night and wasn't even in a scuffle or anything. The snaps on the patrol tek are junk and break very easily.
                      War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

Bianchi - no doubt about it.
                        ...Did you call the Boys in Blue or the Man in Tan?

Comment

Comment

Comment

A number of co-workers use the Bianchi nylon gear and seem quite happy with it.
                              I've been using Eagle Ind nylon since late '95 - replaced everything 1x, either due to wear or (in the case of the magazine pouch) improved design.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5643 users online. 347 members and 5296 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X