Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike patrol shoes

It seems to have been a few years since this topic was brought up

Whats shoe are you using while patrolling on your bicycle?

The choices have seemed to narrow over the years. Diadora and Bates no longer manufacture dedicated bike patrol shoes.

Are patrol cycle the only choice left for a dedicated bike patrol shoe? http://www.patrolcycle.com/patrol.cfm

I use cage pedals with toe straps. Nothing clipless.

Id rather not get a running shoe to ride in as many others in my department do. Many use the Nike shox. The shoe must be all black. A white logo here and there can be dealt with, especially with a black sharpie marker.

Ive been contemplating going with a mountain bike "freeride" shoe such as the Shimano MP90 or five.ten impact 2 low

I spend, at most, 25% of my day on the bike. So being comfortable while standing and walking, with the ability to run, is still a necessity.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?pag...503-02020-5762

I use the NEW BALANCE 576, decent price, comfortable, VELCRO! (don't like tying my shoes), reflective heel for higher visibility from rear. No special bike additions so good for non-bike use. Had them for 5 months now, no show of use/tears/damage. I did stick some DR.Scholls pads for higher comfort.
    Romans 13:4 "For he is God’s minister to you for good. But if you do evil, be afraid; for he does not bear the sword in vain; for he is God’s minister, an avenger to execute wrath on him who practices evil."

Comment

Just to through my 2 cents in. I would say stay away from the dedicated cycling shoes. They are made for riding not walking or standing for a long periods of time. The traction is designed for pedal traction not walking, and the soles are desinged not to be as flexiable as a normal shoe. Better power transfer from the foot to the pedal if the shoe does not have to much flex in them.

I would really just stick with black gym shoes or Oakely has a low cut version of the tactical boot that is so comfortable. I would stick to comfort when off the bike instead of getting the best shoe for riding.

Comment

x2!!!

purchase a (stiff) shoe sole insert to help support your feet on them pedals, riding all day. it'll make a big difference.

Originally posted by livestrong6 View Post
        Just to through my 2 cents in. I would say stay away from the dedicated cycling shoes. They are made for riding not walking or standing for a long periods of time. The traction is designed for pedal traction not walking, and the soles are desinged not to be as flexiable as a normal shoe. Better power transfer from the foot to the pedal if the shoe does not have to much flex in them.

I would really just stick with black gym shoes or Oakely has a low cut version of the tactical boot that is so comfortable. I would stick to comfort when off the bike instead of getting the best shoe for riding.
        ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
        -- John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4524 users online. 266 members and 4258 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X