300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leather or Nylon

Leather or Nylon gear for patrol and what brand... and what about speacial ops?
    Leather for Patrol
    34.48%
    Nylon for Patrol
    32.76%
    Leather for Special Ops
    0.00%
    Nylon for Special Ops
    32.76%

We don't have the option down here; it's the Hellweg leather they give you, or nothing
    < Insert witty saying here >

Comment

I use Nylon for Patrol. I like it, it works for me! I use Bianchi Accumold Nylon.

Comment

Nylon fits my job better along with BDU style uniforms. I do prefer the image of Class A's with leather and brass, but I'd damage them too much doing what I do now which is everything conceivable.

Comment

Leather just gives a more professional appearance imo.
          Romans 13:4
          For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Comment

Nylon for me... Bianchi Accumold. It's what I wore in the academy, it's what I wear on patrol.
            sigpic

Comment

I wish we could choose. We wear leather with the class A uniform (which is the everyday uniform) and nylon with the class B (which is only used for in-service training). If I had the choice, I'd wear nylon BY FAR. Fortunately we got to wear the nylon at FLETC.

Comment

Our department issues nylon but allows either nylon or leather. I prefer leather....fits me better.
                *Not an LEO (yet), just working on my Bachelor's Degree while being a Volunteer in Police Service (VIPS) at my local PD.

Comment

Department requires leather for Patrol, but we can wear Nylon for Special Ops. Ever see what salt water can do to a $400.00 leather rig in a matter of a couple weeks?
                  I wear Bianchi Accumold leather for my patrol rig and a mix of Bianchi and Safariland and Uncle Mikes (holster) on my nylon rig.

Wish they'd allow nylon for patrol. It's like 10 time lighter and takes the strain off the back.

Comment

I have used both nylon and leather, but I prefer leather. It is more comfortable to me and my back. Leather is thinner and moves easier than nylon (at least my leather is. Maybe because it is almost 19 years old?)
                    There are no extraordinary men... just extraordinary circumstances that ordinary men are forced to deal with.
                    William Halsey

Comment

Originally posted by LASD6833 View Post
                      I have used both nylon and leather, but I prefer leather. It is more comfortable to me and my back. Leather is thinner and moves easier than nylon (at least my leather is. Maybe because it is almost 19 years old?)
                      hahaha....that has ALOT to do with it.......dont you remember just how uncomfortable a NEW leather sam browne was to wear?.....

I have worn nylon since they approved it.....much lighter and more comfy (for me anyway).......it supposedly has cut down on back injury claims as well.....not sure if that is just rumor and innuendo though
                      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3117 users online. 149 members and 2968 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X