300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use pepper gel?

saw this in a magazine. looks effective but also very messy. i wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of this stuff

This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

You're right. If you hit the forehead, it usually drools into the eyes in a second or two, and it sticks pretty well, and there's usually very little collateral exposure. I like it as a secondary OC option.

Comment

I have some, but haven't had occasion to use it yet. I'm hoping the pepper effects stay in the gel and on the target, versus the "to whom it may concern" effect that fogs or streams often have in a fracas.

Interesting claim in that ad about "possible electrocution" from an "electric gun."
      They may also not be aware that Taser International has cartridges with a range up to 35 feet, or maybe the ad was published before those went on the market.
      On the plus side, the gel was independently tested by CRT Less-Lethal Inc. and found to be nonflammable if used at the same time as a Taser shot.
      --
      Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

I don't even carry Pepper Spray anymore. I have a Gun, Taser and door knocker (ASP) 16" airweight.

Never liked OC and I have used it where it didn't work.

G-man
        1*

Comment

BTW, if you aren't going to get the desired effects from the Taser with a good probe spread, I doubt your going to have anything else work but a good beat down at that point.

Lately all most people have to see is a holstered taser and they either mention it or stare at it. I've drawn it several times and yelled "TASER, TASER!!" and thats all it takes to have the BG yell, "Ok, Ok, please don't tase me!!"

Nobody wants none of it, you can see what it does all over TV, Mostly on "Cops" or Court TV.

G-man
          1*
          Last edited by G-MAN; 09-01-2008, 10:59 AM.

Comment

yeah if you want that crap all over ur self 2 use it then...bad guy throws that crap everywhere and it makes a big mess...more so then regular oc spray
            "What the problem is?"

Comment

I've used Sabre Red and Fox, when it works, it really worked! I don't need OC in a Gel now.

G-man
              1*

Comment

Originally posted by G-MAN View Post
                BTW, if you aren't going to get the desired effects from the Taser with a good probe spread, I doubt your going to have anything else work but a good beat down at that point.

Lately all most people have to see is a holstered taser and they either mention it or stare at it. I've drawn it several times and yelled "TASER, TASER!!" and thats all it takes to have the BG yell, "Ok, Ok, please don't tase me!!"

Nobody wants none of it, you can see what it does all over TV, Mostly on "Cops" or Court TV.

G-man
                1*
                good point. so is it safe to say that OC is starting to get a bit "out dated" or do you still see it as another tool that can still be put to good use?

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
                  good point. so is it safe to say that OC is starting to get a bit "out dated" or do you still see it as another tool that can still be put to good use?
                  I'd say if you're first car off at a brawl and still waiting on some backup, it's fun to just water sprinkler the combatants and wait for the cloud to settle before walking up and cuffing as many as you can
                  < Insert witty saying here >

Comment

Originally posted by G-MAN View Post

G-man
                    1*
                    Don't Taze Me Bro.
                    "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Don't waste your money, I bought a Mark 3 bottle of it a little over a year ago, I used it once on a female (while I was at work) and it had zero effect. Nothing, zero, nada, zip, I might as well have thrown dirt at her.

I'm sure I might of had a bum bottle but after using Sabre Red, Freeze +P and being hosed down with Fox, your expectations go way up. I keep Fox in the house, gun bag and vehicles.

Sabre Red is approved at my work so I carry it and it has not let me down yet.

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

Pepper foam or gel is best used in situations where cross-contamination would be a major problem. Examples would be health care facilities, correctional institutions, and indoor venues where there is risk of stampede.

Foam has to strike the suspect to be effective. When it does hit, it may take longer to affect the suspect. It could potentially be used as a weapon by the suspect you have just sprayed.

It is obviously going to be less effective than spray if you need to clear a corner or move a crowd back.
                        John from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by Damon K View Post
                          I'd say if you're first car off at a brawl and still waiting on some backup, it's fun to just water sprinkler the combatants and wait for the cloud to settle before walking up and cuffing as many as you can
                          lol

Comment

Originally posted by FireCop86 View Post
                            OC is a good tool, if used properly in conjunction with training. Tasers don't have the ability to deal with multiple offenders like OC and other aerosol teargas products.

The problem with OC foams and gels is that they don't effect the respiratory system (throat, lungs, nasal passages) in the same manner as OC fog, mist and stream dispensing devices. What you're left with (when using the former) is pain compliance and vision impairment. These two reactions alone are what led to complaints about the effectiveness of CN and CS aerosol devices and their eventual replacement by OC.

To get the best performance out of OC defensive weapons, one must direct the product directly into the suspect's eyes, nose and mouth, at a distance far enough to allow the agent's particles to be inhaled. When the suspect's breathing is impaired (in addition to his/her vision), their ability to resist is significantly diminished regardless of the degree they still feel pain.
                            "I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3201 users online. 156 members and 3045 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X