300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My NEW G27 recoil spring failed dry firing

I recently purchased a brand NEW Glock 27 from my local LE dealer. I haven't picked up any ammo for it yet and just been dry firing for practice. I noticed that the slide stopped locking to rear. I field stripped it to investigate and this is what I found. Notice the recoil spring.

Not a single round down range in this gun, other than the two test fires at the factory (July 10th, 2008).

Has anyone else experienced a failure like this? Since this is a brand new gun would this be considered a manufacturer defect and fall under warranty if I take it back to the gun dealer?

When I was with WAPOL my duty weapon was a G22. It had numerous rounds through it and I never had a problem with the recoil spring failing from dry firing. Having been trained on the G22 I also know that when reassembling to ensure the recoil spring is fully seated in the second groove on the barrel so I don't think it was anything I did, but who knows.

I hope this is just a fluke case and I won't have to worry about the dependability of my G27 when the time calls.
    Police Constable '06-08'

Take it back and see if they will give you some money off on a nice after market replacement.
    War to the knife and knife to the hilt.

TERM LIMITS!

Comment

i have a G19 and have never had any problems with it. probably just a fluke. call your dealer and see what they say. let us know what happens
      This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

I almost didn't find my post since it was moved from the the Firearms to Duty Gear forum.

Firearms: The title says it all. Anything related to firearms is spoken here.
        Duty Gear: Adam-Zebra spot for any equipment that is not firearms-related.

Out of curiosity and so I know for next time when I post, how is a thread about a Glock 27 (a firearm) and a component of that firearm failing (the recoil spring) not firearms related?

I'll be heading to the dealer on Wednesday to see what they say.
        Police Constable '06-08'

Comment

"perfection"?
          I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Never seen that before. I guess part of the spring was sticking out and the slide movement bent it back. It happens I guess but recoil spring/guide is easily replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by Ox302B View Post
              I almost didn't find my post since it was moved from the the Firearms to Duty Gear forum.

Firearms: The title says it all. Anything related to firearms is spoken here.
              Duty Gear: Adam-Zebra spot for any equipment that is not firearms-related.

Out of curiosity and so I know for next time when I post, how is a thread about a Glock 27 (a firearm) and a component of that firearm failing (the recoil spring) not firearms related?

I'll be heading to the dealer on Wednesday to see what they say.
              that's strange. maybe someone wasn't paying attention when they moved it
              This is my Glock, there are many like it, but this one is mine

"Anything is possible to he who dares" A.G. Spalding

Comment

I've been using and training people on Glocks for years. I have never heard of anything like that. I'd call up the factory and see if they'll make it right.

Comment

Was no need. Took it back to the LE gun dealer I purchased it from and he replaced it on the spot free of charge. He said he has seen it once or twice before. He couldn't tell if it was just a manufacturer defect or if it was because of being dry fired. I mentioned to him how I never had an issue dry firing my duty Glock 22 (single recoil spring). He seemed to think that it could be due to the Glock 26/27 having a dual recoil spring, and to "stop dry firing it and go shoot the dang thing"

Took it home, cleaned it, and put it all back together. I hope to put the first rounds through it this weekend.
                  Police Constable '06-08'

Comment

Put 50 rounds through it on the weekend, all of which hit the target . The new recoil spring held up like a champ. I'm attributing the previous one to a factory defect.
                    Police Constable '06-08'

Comment

Mine just failed in the exact same manner except I was live firing. Went bang and felt funny so I disassembled it and my spring looks like the one in the above photo.

Comment

And you didn't have spare recoil springs on hand why?

Its a spring. They ocasionally fail. Even in Glocks.

Have extra parts on hand.

Comment

Got a free replacement from Glock coming.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6588 users online. 354 members and 6234 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X