300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monadnock Autolock baton

So I am in the market for a Monadnock baton but I can't decide if I want the 21" with the "safety tip" or if I should go with the 22" with the "power safety tip".

What's the difference between the two tips?

Any help is appreciated.

the safety tip is a small rubberized ball on the end while the power safety is a had plastic tip about an inch long. I have the 22" with the power safety tip and I like it. Make sure you get the Hindi cap, it really balances out the baton

Comment

If you're in the market for a Monadnock give Bob Hindi a ring. His contact info is on his site - www.batoncap.com. I ordered my complete kit (baton, tip, end cap, holster) from him.
      Police Constable '06-08'

Comment

I carry a 22" Monadnock with the larger power safety tip and Hindi Cap..

And I really, really like it.

I carry a poly PR-24 as well... and sometimes, I like it better.

As far as power safety tip vs. safety tip...

The power one seems to really distribute the impact better.
        "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

Comment

Carrying two batons at once? Wow.

I'm issued a 22" Autolock with the power safety tip, and after having used a 21" ASP for the two years previous I can say that I prefer the ASP. The push button closure on the end cap is nice, but overall I don't like them.

I always wore my ASP behind my pistol which was the best place for me. I can't find a holder for an Autolock that allows this. We get issued the plastic, basketweave looking crossdraw holders. Even if I did find a small, leather holder for the Autolock it's much too heavy to wear behind my pistol. I aim for even weight distribution.

In fact, I've gone back to using the ASP. We'll see how that goes over.

I forgot about this, but I used the Autolock to break a window out one day. The glass put a nice half inch gash in the power safety tip leaving a sharp protrusion. With a little wear it'd really lay somebody open if I hit them with it. I know a lot of people bang their ASP on the concrete to close them although I prefer gentler methods and after hitting all kinds of things with the ASP I never damaged its tip.
          Last edited by ArkansasFan24; 09-10-2008, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ox302B View Post
            If you're in the market for a Monadnock give Bob Hindi a ring. His contact info is on his site - www.batoncap.com. I ordered my complete kit (baton, tip, end cap, holster) from him.
            +1
            The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

I also +1 the suggestion about Bob Hindi. He's a great guy. I have talked with him and have his DVD. While I don't do everything exactly how he does, it did cement in my mind the need to have a reason for everything one does, including the placement of gear on your belt.

I have the 22" inch w/ Power Safety Tip and have no problem with it. Before I owned one, I thought it just looked like a handle for anyone attempting to take it from you while it's expanded.

I'd be interested in knowing how the two tips compare in breaking glass. Or would the end cap be better?

Comment

I'd definitely talk to Bob Hindi. He can sell you the whole package and he gives discount to LE. Also on the DVD he sells he gives a compelling argument for the Autolock with the power safety tip and the cross draw holder.
                Don't ever pass up an opportunity to keep your mouth shut.

Originally posted by Sgt. Slaughter
                Sorry, champ. Armoring your nads is weird, so deal with it.

Comment

We were talking about this a few nights ago, how often does someone actually use their baton vice a taser? I have a hard time finding anyone who has used a baton with effective results.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabbottusmc View Post
                    We were talking about this a few nights ago, how often does someone actually use their baton vice a taser? I have a hard time finding anyone who has used a baton with effective results.
                    My problem is that we don't get issued a taser right out of the academy. We have to wait unitll we're off of FTO and then sign up for the training class for the taser .

Comment

Less paperwork and headaches with the baton versus taser though
                      The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

how often does someone actually use their baton vice a taser? I have a hard time finding anyone who has used a baton with effective results.
                        Fair enough, but then a telescopic baton is specifically designed not to f .. er mess people up and sometimes, unfortunately, that's all that's going to stop someone. Plus a baton has more uses than just whaling on people. And I think the symbolism of the baton is important - since at least Roman times, the lawman has carried a stick to represent his authority.

Going back to the original question, everyone on my force is issued a Monadnock Autolock with a Hindi cap and a power tip, or whatever it's called. Seems to work fine. They're useless for breaking windows right way round but you can just use the cap as the striking end.
                        I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Originally posted by MRRBEST View Post
                          Less paperwork and headaches with the baton versus taser though
                          It's all the same for me, well except we need a printout for the taser.

Comment

ASP is now making a competitor to Monodnock that employs a twisting motion to close the ASP baton (I think that's what I saw in the last Quartermaster catalog I looked at).

I haven't checked it out yet.

As for breaking windows, I'd extend a Monodnock with Hindi end cap and then use the end cap to break the window.

Lastly, I refuse to give up my baton for a taser -- I can keep swinging my baton if the first strike doesn't work. Even if you're lucky and have a spare cartridge for the taser, you still have to install it and hope that it works. And in a situation where this might be the case, I don't think a dry stun is going to be too effective.

Just my $.02 on the topic.
                            "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

We don't get issued tasers so I do know quite a few guys that have used their baton effectively. I guess it's all about motivation
                              "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4530 users online. 235 members and 4295 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X