300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• streamlight strion

anybody out there using the streamlight strion? what are your opinions on the light?

I carry one on duty every day. I like it. Small and bright. Life has depended on it several times.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I carry one everyday, and I like it. I prefer rechargeable lights over the alternative. The Strion holds its charge well, and it charges quickly. It puts off a bright beam, it's a small size, and I like the fact that you can either push the button or twist the end for either temporary illumination or full-time illumination.

Comment

I carry one as my backup light on my belt. I wanted a small light that was rechargeable, end cap switch, and that also had a decent selection of holders available. For being such a small light it puts out a decent beam.

I can get parts for it (bulbs, new batteries, chargers) from my local cop shops because streamlight is very popular. Also, my department has a ton of streamlight chargers (for stingers and strions) all around the department so you can charge your light while you are writing a report or such. This is why all my lights are from streamlight. I'm know there are better lights out there, but these are the best lights for me.

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:24 PM. Reason: ...............

Comment

Originally posted by ArkansasFan24 View Post
              I carry one everyday, and I like it. I prefer rechargeable lights over the alternative. The Strion holds its charge well, and it charges quickly. It puts off a bright beam, it's a small size, and I like the fact that you can either push the button or twist the end for either temporary illumination or full-time illumination.
              +1
              I've used a Strion for a couple of years as a back up for my primary light. It's small enough to carry on my belt and is bright enough for my use. I'm not a light expert, but imho the Strion is a good light for the money and has served me well. And for what it's worth, I do have other lights in my squad as I don't think you can ever have too many.
              "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God" (Matthew 5:9)

Comment

Surefire Backup...just got it, and it is one of the best light I've ever used out there.

Comment

I have owned a strion for 5 years and have never had a problem with my light it works when I need it to it is fast charging and it is a as bright as larger lights. I have dropped it I have thrown it and I have had it pfly out of my holder while I was running and it landed on concrete I am sure there are better lights out there but have not seen one that is rechargable and toasterlocker why dont you provide some names of these better lights. if I was going with a light that has to have the batteries replaced in it I woould go tiwht a surefire but for rechargable lights of that size deffinately the strion
                  Lawdog TCSO
                  In God We Trust all Others we Check NCIC
                  well daisy if you do

Comment

Last edited by toasterlocker; 07-05-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

for those of you that do have the strion... what holder do you use for it? I don't like the little one that came with mine.
                      Don't Quit!

Comment

Not an LEO, but I was talking with one of the local department's captain and he said they're having problems with all of their Strions.

Says they'll hold a charge, but the bulbs are junk and are blowing out pretty much every shift. Also told me they'd get other lights, but they spent so much on these that they're stuck with them for now.

Comment

I use a stallion leather basketweave closed top holder. I also have a bianchi accumold closed top baseketweave holder and I like the stallion one better. The bianchi is too stiff for my tastes.

Comment

wanted more of an open top, sorry I should have said that
                            Don't Quit!

Comment

I use the Bianchi AccuMold Elite 7926. It's open top and works well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6530 users online. 351 members and 6179 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X