300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice Fps 1811

I applied to the FPS 1811 in late June of this year. I haven't heard anything back from them yet. Does anyone know more about the job requirements...ie what qualifies as LE experience and what doesn't. I have been in the US Coast Guard for almost 6 years and 3 1/2 of those were doing maritime law enforcement. Any insight would be helpful.

For 1811 slots agencies usually require law enforcement experience related to the job of a Criminal Investigator - assignment to an investigative job in a police agency. County Investigator or Police Detective experience. Uniformed patrol is a different realm and military law enforcement is quite different that civillian l/e jobs as well.

Welcome to O.com and I hope this helps.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

FPS are just security jobs. Not much criminal investigation going on.

Comment

I applied as well, havent heard a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by shawal16 View Post

You might want to do a bit more research
          "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Comment

I received my COE for 1811 in DC on July 30th.

Comment

Wishing the rest of you good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                You may want to research that just a tad bet more before you speak about stuff you have no clue about.

Comment

I never heard a thing. I applied for status and public announcements. Not a word.

I met an agent from FPS recently. I asked him what kinds of investigations he conducts regularly and he told me that he conducts lots of investigations into threats against government employees, buildings, and contractors. That and a lot of white collar crime.

Comment

Is anyone else waiting to hear their status?
                    I know HR is slightly overwhelmed right now so hang in there guys and girls.
                    When I last spoke with the nice HR lady who was assisting me, she said she had about 415 unread e-mails.

Comment

I never heard a damn thing from FPS. I must have applied 5 times through status and public announcements for both LESO and Criminal Investigator positions; I've not even received the generic application acknowledgment letter.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1 View Post
                        I never heard a damn thing from FPS. I must have applied 5 times through status and public announcements for both LESO and Criminal Investigator positions; I've not even received the generic application acknowledgment letter.

+1

Applied to status 1811 and LESO positions, haven't heard/recieved diddly squat.

Comment

Did you call the HR number listed on the announcement?

Comment

Good news for all of you.
                            My HR rep said she would be working on Agent applications this week.

Comment

Lets hope she comes across mine!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5149 users online. 281 members and 4868 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X