Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timtim
    replied
    Most of your GS WG scales get increases every year for the first four years. It could be differnt if brought in at a higher step then step 1. The only way you will know is by contacting them and asking unless someone here is a U.S. P.O.

My paycheck is taxed at every cent minus health benifits, roughly $140 (not taxed), since I started with the Feds in 01'! I've been getting robbed if someone agrees with you HI to LV.

Leave a comment:

• HI_to_LV
    replied
    Did you find out what the COLA is for you area is? If your starting pay is $47K is that adding in the COLA or not. If not the COLA in your area might bring you back another 3 or 4 K. The good thing about the COLA is that its not taxed.

Hopefully someone in the Federal system could explain it much better.

hi_to_lv

Leave a comment:

• sgt14
    started a topic Federal PO Pay question

Federal PO Pay question

Hello All,

Looking at taking a US Probation Officer job in Michigan. One of the main reasons I am so interested is because not only is it a foot in the door for the federal system, but I hear the training, benefits, and equipment is good. The starting salary is 47,174 per year, and I would be taking about a $10,000 a year decrease in salary off the bat if I took it. My main question is does anyone know how the salary increases (and how frequently do they occur) work for something like this? I tried reading the payscale and am not sure that I am understanding it correctly. Any help/feedback related to any/all information on wages would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Note: I believe you start off as a CL-25 if I read it correctly. T

Thanks

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10364 users online. 518 members and 9846 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X