Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal PO Pay question

Hello All,

Looking at taking a US Probation Officer job in Michigan. One of the main reasons I am so interested is because not only is it a foot in the door for the federal system, but I hear the training, benefits, and equipment is good. The starting salary is 47,174 per year, and I would be taking about a $10,000 a year decrease in salary off the bat if I took it. My main question is does anyone know how the salary increases (and how frequently do they occur) work for something like this? I tried reading the payscale and am not sure that I am understanding it correctly. Any help/feedback related to any/all information on wages would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Note: I believe you start off as a CL-25 if I read it correctly. T

Thanks

Did you find out what the COLA is for you area is? If your starting pay is $47K is that adding in the COLA or not. If not the COLA in your area might bring you back another 3 or 4 K. The good thing about the COLA is that its not taxed.

Hopefully someone in the Federal system could explain it much better.

hi_to_lv

Comment

Most of your GS WG scales get increases every year for the first four years. It could be differnt if brought in at a higher step then step 1. The only way you will know is by contacting them and asking unless someone here is a U.S. P.O.

My paycheck is taxed at every cent minus health benifits, roughly $140 (not taxed), since I started with the Feds in 01'! I've been getting robbed if someone agrees with you HI to LV.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6927 users online. 341 members and 6586 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X