300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dusm

Figured we needed a new thread since the old one was closed.

fit re-cert completed today. the cut-off for the re-certs are monday, so i would think calls should be coming soon afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Up_On_Base
      HEMITRP-

I need to ask why USMS over current Trooper gig? You already have 8 years in towards retirement, now start all over?

I meet a few guys at FLETC about 4 years ago, all seems very squared away but why would you want to be around prisoners all the time. I know there are fugitive task force teams and that seems very cool but I don't see the attraction.

Not saying it's not a good job for some...just not for me.
      i will not speak for hemi..., but i will be taking a big financial hit if i accept the job, so i think i can relate. personally, the marshals is probably more nostalgic than anything else. ive always wanted to be a marshal and i am a fan of their mission. i find fugitive apprehensions intriguing. overall, its more about the intangibles i guess.

Comment

fit re-cert yesterday..hopefully the call will be soon

Comment

In North Carolina we have 30 year retirement for LEO's. I will have 9 years in come January so as far as retirement I will have the same amount of time in. I have always wanted to be a DUSM for alot of different reasons. Good people to work with, good work enviroment, its safer than what I do now and the money is great. I made $49k last year which isnt bad, but we cant work hustles and dont get paid overtime, its comp time. I have 3 kids to put through college and financially its better in the long run. I have been in plenty of car chases, foot chases, fights, seen big dope, death, destruction etc. After a while its not that exciting anymore. I dont mind knocking it down a notch and leaving the wild west for the cowboys that are up and coming. NCSHP is top notch with the most intense in your face 6 month paramilitary academy you will find. If I leave here for USMS I will turn my stuff in late at night when no one is around, it will be very difficult to do as I love being a Trooper, but family has got to come first.

Comment

yano hemi in response to your last post i understand you totally...ive been in lawenforcement for a total of 4 1/2 yrs and ive been through a fraction of his course because its mandatory through the state of NC ..but ive done the pursuits foot and car the OIS's (officer involved shootings) both ends, fights, the door kicking..search warrants seizures and all that good stuff but for what we were paid in the state its not worth it when you have a family..

Comment

I have had offers in the private sector but I enjoy my job. Its funny, the longer you do this, the less you enjoy the job,but you enjoy the people a hell of alot more. I have been on medical hold for USMS for almost a year and I am learning that the fed system is its own animal. I am diabetic and apparently thats an issue as they have yet to hire any. I cant get cleared to take my FIT because of it and its very frustrating. I score superior in all the requirements for FIT and was in the 90th percentile for SHP last month yet they feel like I may not be able to perform the job because I am diabetic. Anyway, thats a whole seperate thread. Back to the point of this one, the September class is going to be just like the prior 3 as far as length. There are supposed to be 3 classes in FY09 and at the completion of those a large open application period should begin. I know people that were notified from 2 weeks prior to a school starting up until 3 days prior so dont lose hope or focus. I have been watching this threat and 911 and keeping up with alot of the screen names and your struggles. Good luck to everyone, next week should bring alot of people welcome phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by HEMITRP View Post
                I have had offers in the private sector but I enjoy my job. Its funny, the longer you do this, the less you enjoy the job,but you enjoy the people a hell of alot more. I have been on medical hold for USMS for almost a year and I am learning that the fed system is its own animal. I am diabetic and apparently thats an issue as they have yet to hire any. I cant get cleared to take my FIT because of it and its very frustrating. I score superior in all the requirements for FIT and was in the 90th percentile for SHP last month yet they feel like I may not be able to perform the job because I am diabetic. Anyway, thats a whole seperate thread. Back to the point of this one, the September class is going to be just like the prior 3 as far as length. There are supposed to be 3 classes in FY09 and at the completion of those a large open application period should begin. I know people that were notified from 2 weeks prior to a school starting up until 3 days prior so dont lose hope or focus. I have been watching this threat and 911 and keeping up with alot of the screen names and your struggles. Good luck to everyone, next week should bring alot of people welcome phone calls.
                ive heard about the open announcement, but it still confuses me. are they just going to write all the shining star guys off? i know there are still guys in the pipeline since '01 and they had another round of tests for shining star in may of '07. if they desperate enough to have an open announcement, i would assume they are going to have more than 3-4 classes a year! if not, its going to be a long wait again for some!

Comment

Originally posted by HEMITRP View Post
                  I There are supposed to be 3 classes in FY09 and at the completion of those a large open application period should begin.
                  HEMITRP,

Where'd you get that information from? I haven't heard much information about this upcoming FY or the open application period.

Thanks.

Comment

It appears that the initial calls are going out for the September class. I think the guys tha have been waiting the longest are getting called first. Word is that the border districts will be filling this class with a few stragglers getting in from DC. I have been struggling to get cleared medically to take the FIT and try to become eligible for the Sept class but apparently the month of September will not be the first month in the history of USMS that a diabetic gets hired. At any rate, in my communications with HQ over this absurdity, I have learned that they are allowing for FIT tests to be done with a "no later date" of Friday for the pass/fail to be turned in. I would imagine there will be a few more people notified this week, but the bulk of the calls should be next week. Here's to the "G".

Comment

NE new news of the upcoming classes?
                      Last edited by merritt; 08-20-2008, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Are they still leaving these vacancies open for military personnel?

Comment

Disregard.
                          Last edited by federale083; 08-21-2008, 07:32 PM. Reason: Found a better source...
                          "...the complacency of fools will destroy them." Proverbs 1:32

Comment

Has anyone heard about next fiscal year class dates.

Comment

Has anyone heard when there going to be sending applicants from the LA office to the academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3411 users online. 183 members and 3228 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X