Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Follow Up Thank you Letter after oral interview..?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Follow Up Thank you Letter after oral interview..?

Is it a standard procedure to write a thank you letter following an oral interview for a large agency? I am trying to decide if this will be contsrued in the wrong way. I would like to write a thank you for interviewing me, taking time to interview me...etc letter. What do you think?

Hello Runningcode

I think its perfectly fine and professional. However, I would only address it and send it directly to the interviewer. Good luck and dont forget to highlight the ability to hold your breath for extended amounts of time while jumping through hoops.
    Last edited by Tachibana; 07-26-2008, 02:14 AM.
    Standing by to stand by

Comment

Originally posted by Tachibana View Post
      I think its perfectly fine and professional. However, I would only address it and send it directly to the interviewer.
      I disagree. It is viewed as an improper attempt to influence the scoring/appointing authority outside the standard criteria by which everyone else has been told they will be judged.

In short, it's considered brown nosing.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Makes sense, I stand corrected. Sorry runningcode hope you didnt take my advice and sent a thank you letter.
        Standing by to stand by

Comment

I decided not to write the thank you letter. I think you guys are right. That is what I did not want, was to look like a suck up, but also wanted to be as professional as possible. I just really want to work at this agency, but im sure the decision has already been made anyway by now! Thanks everyone. Now I sit around and wait.......gotta love law enforcement hiring!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13542 users online. 463 members and 13079 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X