300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP with employment references

My first job in 2001 was for kmart. worked for them for 3 years. The store completly closed down, no more building, and the store manager at the time quit the company some time ago. The HR lady quit a few years ago. All the managers at the time quit when the store closed. I dont know who to put down for supervisor and contact number. I do know one person left from the company who is now a manager at another nearby store. What do i do?
    Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Originally posted by calicopper View Post
    My first job in 2001 was for kmart. worked for them for 3 years. The store completly closed down, no more building, and the store manager at the time quit the company some time ago. The HR lady quit a few years ago. All the managers at the time quit when the store closed. I dont know who to put down for supervisor and contact number. I do know one person left from the company who is now a manager at another nearby store. What do i do?
    I worked for K-mart from 1998 to 2000. My store closed down in 2000. There is no address, phone number, or manager. I still list the job on my background packet, but I make a note stating why none of that info is listed.

Honestly they can't expect to contact everyone. Sometimes a business goes under, people die, things cease to exist. It happens.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

should i even put the one persons name down i currently know because i did work under him for the years i was with the company but he was not yet a manager at the time? Do they look at not putting anyone down as not good even if a good reason such as our stores closing and what not?
      Good... Bad... Im the guy with the gun

Comment

Just put down the name and say that the store closed and you have no contact information.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8715 users online. 450 members and 8265 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X