300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Background Investigation Question

I guess this question is for all of you who has went through or know about background investigations for Federal agencies. Hopefully soon or in the future i will be going through one of these investigations and i just have a few questions. I have a BA in criminal justice, clean driving record, never arrested or misdemeanors or anything of that matter. I also have about 3 years investigative experience in the work force. What my question is and what i am concerned about. I have an old boss that absolutely hates me. I had never did anything wrong while there, granted i was only there for 4 months. But basically it was my first job out of college, and it wasn't what was promised. So i left and went to work for their direct competitor. He is not fond of me because they flew me in and had me trained, so one and so forth and i ended up leaving 4 months later for a much better offer and i guess you would say, more prestigious position. My old boss told me that i better hope no one ever called him about me or my character because he was going to intentionally tell them negative things about me, when in fact i never did ANYTHING wrong while working for his company. So what i am wondering is , when an agency starts looking into your background, are they more focussed on criminal records, getting fired, not telling the truth about education, job history, etc, etc. Just wondering how this will affect me getting on with a Federal Agency?

as stated i would not worry about one boss who you only worked for for 4 months,, a good BI will see right thru that.....I would however let them know ahead of time that you had problems with him and that he may say something nasty

Comment

Relax. This is no different than the ex-wife or ex-husband we talk to during a BI. I have seen this and we can recognize the fact that one person is trying to sink your appliction.

As long as he is the only one saying this, then you have nothing to worry about.

Irish

Comment

Thanks. I am sure everyone has had that one boss that they did not quite click with. I am just curious, on where the most emphasis is put on in the background. I read somewhere else where someone stated that he just did not even put the job that he got fired from. I don't want to do that, i would rather be honest and upfront because i am sure that is what they are looking for rather then you hiding something and then it coming out. You guys are right. I don't have to many other jobs to go by, but i have a few and references to know that they will see that this is only an isolated incident. Other then this one guy not liking me because i left to work for his direct competitor, i should be pretty good.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7504 users online. 388 members and 7116 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X