Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to apply for DEA openings- questions?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to apply for DEA openings- questions?

Here is my resume in a nutshell. Been in law enforcement fulltime as a deputy sheriff and police officer. First go around was deputy sheriff from 1997-2004. Got out for 3 years to pursue another career, decided to go back. Been fulltime with current police department since 10/07.

I have an Associates Degree in Police Science, currently working on Bachelors degree in CJ with an anticipated graduation of 06/2009.

Questions are:

What departments can I apply for without a Bachelors? I want to apply for the DEA annoucement. Can I specify my anticipated graduation date of 06/2009? I doubt they will have the hiring process done by then, since they are accepting apps until end of this year.

Will not having a Bachelors right now hurt my chances? Would I be wasting my time? If not DEA, besides border patrol, is there others that would accept my qualifications. Looking to get in Milwaukee or Chicago area.

I have no prior military. No serious issues in my background.

Just want to get some opionions on whether I would be wasting my time, I heard application is quite lengthy/time consuming.

Any help appreciated.

"If not DEA, besides border patrol, is there others that would accept my qualifications. Looking to get in Milwaukee or Chicago area."

I'm not sure if Border Patrol ever had northern-border hiring anywhere near Chicago. My guess is you'd have to relocate to the southern border, probably for several years.

US Customs and Border Protection Officer:

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/getjob....8&SUBMIT1.y=11

This announcement closes Monday, FYI.

Comment

Most 1811/SA positions do not require BA or BS degree, however it is next to impossible to get hired without either of the two. The competition is so fierce when it comes to those positions they are going to take the person with a combination of having their degree and LE or other usable experience. I understand you have the practical experience but they can take anyone and turn them into a LEO, so just hold tight and finish your education. Most agencies will let you apply within 6 to 9 months of finishing your degree, however the FBI and DEA want you to be finished.
      "No battle plan survives contact with the enemy"

Helmuth Karl Bernhard Graf von Moltke
      German Generalfieldmarshall

Comment

Originally posted by johnnylawman109 View Post
        What departments can I apply for without a Bachelors? I want to apply for the DEA annoucement. Can I specify my anticipated graduation date of 06/2009? I doubt they will have the hiring process done by then, since they are accepting apps until end of this year.
        The SA coordinator told me, "more than likely it will close before that date." Due to being overwhelmed with applications. IMO, just apply the worst that can happen is a NO. Let them tell you that not yourself.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5096 users online. 230 members and 4866 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X